We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

new jersey
Level Contributor
462 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

I will land in Barcelona and spend 3 days in there and then will proceed to Madrid by AVE and to Seville as well, but on my way back to Barcelona I will buy a ticket on vueling, any input on the airline? I always travel with a carry on and small hand bag in all my trips., is this duable?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

... Vueling is headquartered in Barcelona and it's one of the top budget carriers in Europe. It belongs to the IAG group, which includes British Airways and Iberia, the former British and Spanish carriers.

Edited: 4:55 pm, July 24, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

we will be flying Vueling for the first time this fall. Munich to Barcelona and Barcelona to Malaga.

new jersey
Level Contributor
462 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

thank you

Boston...
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

If you need to check luggage on Vueling, be sure to pay ahead of time. Your ticket won't include any checked luggage, not even one suitcase. We had to pay at the airport and it was $$. I wish the Vueling website made this clearer when we booked the flights.

Europe
Level Contributor
6,433 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

The Optima fare does include luggage. And in this age it is not exactly exceptional that luggage is not included in the basic fares, lots of airlines have such a policy. Verifying that should be part of the purchasing process these days.

To the OP: I always travel with standard size carry on + a laptop on Vueling. You just need to make sure that you board early because when the bins are full they start taking luggage away. So be early to stand in line or pay extra for priority boarding.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,750 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

I am a frequent traveler using Vueling. It is a good airline.

new jersey
Level Contributor
462 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

Hey Benny, do you buy the basic ticket and bring your carry on and hand luggage on board? Do you need to buy your seat or will get a random seat assigned? I want to buy the least expensive one.

Thanks

Papillion, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

If you have a bag to check, then get the Optima seat(includes one checked bag and you choose your seat). If you are just bringing a carry on, then I would get the basic and let them assign you a seat.

vueling.com/en/vueling-services/vueling-fares

new jersey
Level Contributor
462 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

Thank you

10. Re: Vueling to Barcelona, any thoughs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 12, 2018