We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

I am looking for a nice place to stay while I am in Barcelona with my mother. A friend suggested that Eixample is a good area for us to stay in. First of all, does anyone have an opinion on that?

In a Fodor's guide I have, there are some hotels listed for that area. I would love to hear any feedback people might have about these hotels (which are not outrageously expensive, according to the book, but are not the cheapest either):

Acctual

Alexandra

Catalonia Roma

Condado

Continental Palacete

Gallery Hotel

Gran Hotel Havana

Granvia

Majestic

Princesa Sofia

Ritz Roger de Lluria

Thank you SO much!!!!!

OD
Grand Bend, Ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Eixample is where you will be comfortable. The Barri

Gotic is noisy and there are too many thieves about in that district. Eixample is safe by day and even at night we walked in the streets without worry.

We were in Barcelona March 4 and 5th, 2005. Like you, I used various guides and consulted Trip advisor before we went.

We were initially attracted to the Granvia. But in the end, for the price, we decided on Continental Palacete. We were very pleased with our choice. The 24 hour buffet with free water, wine and beer is alone worth the price! The rooms are small but well appointed. The atmosphere is lovely. The small hotel really is small, you meet few other guests, and the tranquillity is great. If you wish to check your emails there are two free internet stations. The Block of Discord was very near, and the Casa Mila just 10 minutes walk away. The BusTuristic stop and Metro station is 3 blocks away.

There is a grand staircase leading to the second floor where the hotel is located (there are shops on the street level). Do not drag your suitcases up the stairs. Press the button for the elevator and it will (slowly) come down and you can get all your luggage on it. I admired the staircase, but never once went up it. The little lift is all I ever used. Be careful when you reach the top to hold the button right to the top. The elevator must be at the very top before the door will open.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone, and your mother will love the elegant, old fashioned decor!

Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

I hope it's not too late for feedback to this inquiry...Last Fall (2004) my mother & I stayed at the Hotel Ritz. Of course, it was excellent. However, it seemed out of the way (3 long blocks), especially for my mother who is in her 70s. So we took cabs to get around! The Gran Hotel Havana is right across the street from the Ritz, and the Ritz Roger de Lluria (it used to actually be a part of the Hotel Ritz) is just around the corner from the Ritz. I checked out the hotels, and both of them appeared to be updated, and very nice. The Gran H. Havana appeared to be contemporary, and the Rog. d. Lluria appeared to be traditional in luxurious manner. What I like about the Majestic is its location (location, location...) and the roof-top pool with the magnificent view of Barcelona!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Hotel Montblanc is a 3 star acting like a 4 star. Close to everything and great staff. We would not even think of staying elsewhere

Gosport
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Just stayed in Princesa Sofia, nice hotel but a bit out in the sticks. Round the corner to Camp Nou and close to Maria Christina metro and tourist bus but thought the hotel overpriced in their restaurant and mini-bar!! Would have preferred to stay near Las Ramblas or Catalunya.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Actual - so, so...I would not stay there again.

Lincolnshire
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

Try Hotel America our friends stopped there, close to all Tourist Attractions and in a pleasant area hope this of some help

7. Re: Need feedback about some 3 and 4 star hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 18, 2009