We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information Please

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Information Please

I will be going on holiday to Catolonian Pyrenes. I will be lending in Girona airport and will be hiring a car from Avis or Hertz. I would like to know if its possible to enter France with the hired car.

Which places are worth visiting on our way to the France Pyrenes area. Would you suggest any beautiful areas to stop for a short visit, example valleys or any villages worth seeing. Does any one know any b&b's where we can stay on our way?

Thank you

Best regards

Stephen

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information Please

It isn't a problem to take a car into france but there is a large fee to leave it there.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information Please

Three days ago my husband and I had lunch at the most wonderful place --Cal Leiuret in the village of Travesseres in the Catalonian Pyrenees. We were referred by a tour guide whose wife is a niece to the owner. The place is simple. You park above the small stone village and walk down to the cafe. We were among 8 of the owner's guests at lunch. The food was magnificent, fresh and local. Her speciality are rice dishes. The place was wonderfully clean and the view was a killer. We never knew such enchanting places existed and have fallen in love with the Spanish Pyrenees. We spent much of the following two days driving tiny roads to lovely stone villages with beautiful old churches set in unimaginably beautiful locations. Those wonderful Pyrenees villages will live like golden memories -- and we have traveled all over the world. These villages are truly special!

3. Re: Information Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 29, 2010