We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segovia + Jardines de la Granja impossible in one day?

Which Segovia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Segovia + Jardines de la Granja impossible in one day?

Greetings!

The pictures of Jardines de la Granja de San Ildefonso are very beautiful and I was hoping to add it to the day in Segovia. But not sure if that's going to take away precious time from seeing something in Segovia. Due to jet-lag and the average age of our group (over 65 ;), planning to leave Madrid at 10am. Traveling on a Tuesday in September. The following itinerary is the way I see it, but maybe i'm completely off?

Is this way too ambitious?

Should I completely cut Jardines de la Granja de San Ildefonso out and concentrate on Segovia only?

Is there better itinerary if I want to keep both?

Traveling by minibus ;

10:00 (09.30 at the earliest) Depart Madrid

11.30 Arrive in Segovia

---Alcazar, Cathedral, Aqueduct (all before lunch possible?)

13.30 Lunch (Suckling Pig ;)

15.00 Depart for Jardines de la Granja de San Ildefonso

15.30 Tour Jardines de la Granja de San Ildefonso (would love to see the tapestries OR just the garden is enough?)

17.00 Depart for Madrid

19.00 Dinner & Show at Corral de la Moreria

22.30 Hotel

Would really appreciate any advice!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Segovia + Jardines de la Granja impossible in one day?

I would skip the Cathedral - not overly impressive compared with others. The Alcazar will take about two hours. For Suckling Pig, go to Restaurante Jose Maria although I'm not sure if they do a full lunch or just Tapas. The restaurant is halfway between the Alcazar and the Aquaduct. Can't comment on Jardines de la Granja cause I didn't make it there but Segovia is so beautiful that I would encourage a full day there. Hope this helps

Tokyo
Level Contributor
421 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Segovia + Jardines de la Granja impossible in one day?

Thank you, grsteve,

I weighted cons and pros, and decided that perhaps indeed it's better to concentrate on Segovia for the day. This way, my ladies will have more time to enjoy some free time, browsing through various souvenir shops, and just trying to adjust to Spanish time. So La Granja will have to wait till next visit.

Restaurant Jose Maria was one of the two restaurants I was interested in. The other is Restaurant Duque. The manager at Duque sounded very welcoming in his email. I hope the food and service there are as nice as he is ;)

Can't wait to visit Segovia!

3. Re: Segovia + Jardines de la Granja impossible in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Segovia