We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

Which Burgos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

Hi, I been in Spain several times, I speak spanish but never been in those 3 cities and I don't have any idea of the region and the weather.

My trip (planing) is for november, thanksgiven week, minimun 10 days. The planing itinerary is: Arriving in Madrid mid-morning go to Atocha station take the nex train to Burgos 16:15 (Alvia train) arrive at 18:43 .

* Question: How many days do I need in Burgos and How is the weather ? .I enjoy going to historic sites, museum, bars-restaurants and will stay in the center of town.

From Burgos I will travel down to Valladolid, Salamanca, and finale Madrid, all my travel is by train.

*Question: Should I get a rail pass ?(I never done it) usually I go to renfe or get the tickets on line.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g187491-i1884-k3075…

Hope the above link helps.....Burgos is a magnificent city....allocate at least five days.....you will never regret your decision.....Salamanca is a stunner too, in a completely different vein....Zamora and Ciudad Rodrigo are both within close proximity to the latter.....try accomodating them in your itinerary, that's if time is not an issue.....Castilla y Leon is one of Europe's most beautiful and historically significant regions.....comparable to Tuscany and Umbria in Italy.....November is bound to be cold, so cover up adequately please.....

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

You do not really need a rail pass.....individual tickets should serve your purpose....explore the intercity bus option also.....very efficient.....have utilized the service for my Burgos/ Salamanca journey in 2008....

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

horarios.renfe.com/HIRRenfeWeb/recorrido.do… &ID=i&FDS=2010-06-13

Madrid/ Burgos..... Atocha?.....is it not Chamartin, which is the correct point of departure?....besides, Valladolid precedes Burgos.....would it not be more convenient if you commenced your intended journey to Castilla y Leon from the former?....

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx…

Santander
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

Dariuskakalia is correct, trains destination Burgos depart from Chamartín station, not Atocha.

I think an eurail pass is not worth it, just go to the stations, i think its not neccesary to make reservations ahead of time, there are inexpensive regional trains between those destinations.

6. Re: Three cities Burgos, Valladolid and Salamanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 08, 2011