We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Alfonso VI or Hotel Santa Isabel

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
475 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Alfonso VI or Hotel Santa Isabel

Both have good reviews. The Alfonso fits into my budget, but Santa Isabel is almost half as much, freeing up money for dining and gifts. Any comments from people who have stayed at either (both would be even better).

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Santa Isabel
Hotel Santa Isabel
1,181 Reviews
Toledo, Spain
Miami, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Alfonso VI or Hotel Santa Isabel

I just stayed at the Hotel Santa Isabel (review should be posted in a couple of days) on 10/14. I had to leave the hotel because there was no air conditioning. If that's at all important to you, I would recommend you stay elsewhere. Although it's starting to cool down in Toledo at this time of year, it's nice to have the option of turning on the A/C should the room feel too warm, especially during the day, when the Spanish sun is still ablaze. Anyway, I ended up spending the next night at a great, brand new hotel just down the street from Santa Isabel. It's called Hotel Eurico, and it's at Calle Santa Isabel, 3. I highly recommend it. The staff is great, and the rooms are spacious, modern, and fully-equipped. And all this is an ancient building. Great value.

Rich.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Santa Isabel
Hotel Santa Isabel
1,181 Reviews
Toledo, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Eurico Hotel
Eurico Hotel
331 Reviews
Toledo, Spain
2. Re: Hotel Alfonso VI or Hotel Santa Isabel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 18, 2009