We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help! How to get to Caceres (Extremadura) from Toledo

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ACT
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help! How to get to Caceres (Extremadura) from Toledo

Hi,

we were wanting to go to Caceres in Extremadura from Toledo. I have done a search on the RENFE website & ALSA group of coaches and I cannot seem to find a way of getting there.

Any help on how a family of 4 with youngish children can get to Caceres from Toldeo would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

T4

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help! How to get to Caceres (Extremadura) from Toledo

Not particularly easy, and I've no experience of the area, all this is from weblinks collected in the past.

There are no direct services, either by train or coach, you would need to change somewhere. Looking at a map, the logical place is Talavera de la Reina.

There are buses approx every 2 hours from Toledo to Talavera, see

http://www.continental-auto.net/index.do

There are only two a day from Talavera to Cacares, see

http://www.auto-res.net/index.html?a.

Both these websites have English pages.

Note that they may use different stops in Talavera, but as Continental's website says "neuvo estacion" it may be that Auto-res are simply out of date.

Both companies have more frequent connections through Madrid, but they do NOT use the same terminal in Madrid.

Train would be more expensive, and there aren't many to Caceres. If changing in Madrid, you would stay in Atocha station. I got Renfe's website to give me this info, try it again asking for the journey in two sectors. You will probably find that trains from Madrid to Caceres stop at Talavera, so you could consider a multi-modal journey.

ACT
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help! How to get to Caceres (Extremadura) from Toledo

Thanks Frankfrog,

I was thingking that it might be easier to go back to Madrid and then go to caceres from there.

In case there is a few hours wait, we could pass the time faster in Madrid with the girls then trying to entertain them in Talavera de la Reina.

I suppose there would be more options if we departed from Madrid. It's a bit of back tracking, but not much I guess, 45min direct bus from Toledo.

Thanks once again, I have noted those web addy's an will check them today.

:o)

Cheers

T4

3. Re: Need help! How to get to Caceres (Extremadura) from Toledo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Toledo