We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distances in Toledo

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Distances in Toledo

How far is the Toledo Cathedral from Plaza Zocodover?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,681 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distances in Toledo

basuanjan:

500 meters.

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distances in Toledo

Thank you so much! But I have another question: how far would the Toledo bus station be from the cathedral? I ask because I need to catch an early morning bus (say, 7-ish) from Toledo to Ciudad Real on Monday, the 11th November and my hotel in Toledo is right next to the cathedral. The early hour bothers me a little. Do you think I could count on any public transport to reach me to the bus station at that time? Or should I take a cab? I have never been to Spain and though I am thrilled that Iam coming there, I am also a little uncertain about the logistics, especially as I am a budget traveller. Shall look forward to your suggestions. Thanks.

Anjan Basu, Bangalore, India

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distances in Toledo

I think that it will be too early for local buses. Depending on what luggage you are carrying it is not such a bad walk to the bus station as mostly downhill. If you allow 30 minutes then it's fine. So get down to the bus station early. One suggested walking route on Google maps is shown here as one idea going through the main square place called Zocodover.

http://goo.gl/maps/dGCHq

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distances in Toledo

Thanks a lot! I can breathe easy now. As long as the walk is downhill, it should not be much of a problem. -- I also have a question about Granada, or rather about travelling from Sevilla to Granada. My Granada hotel in the city centre. I wonder if I were to take the bus from Sevilla to Granada, would it be a problem reaching my hotel from the bus station by a local bus? I will have some luggage with me to carry. Or would the train be a better option? I have checked that the train is decidedly more expensive.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distances in Toledo

You should post a new question in the Granada or Seville forum but I will comment. The difference of fare is €7 so not a large difference. The train is quite comfortable and the station in Granada is walking distance to any central hotel. In Seville the bus leaves from Plaza de Armas bus terminal which is on the west side of the old city. You can take the train from San Bernardo station in Seville rather than Santa Justa if you want and this may be more convenient for example the one tram route finishes at San Bernardo. It is also possible to walk from Barrio Santa Cruz to San Bernardo station which has only two lines - one up and one down - and is small in comparison to Santa Justa. I was in Bangalore this year and liked the airport.

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distances in Toledo

Thanks again!-- And I am sorry that I got mixed up about there being a separate Granada forum. But I was lucky that I got this valuable input nevertheless. Well I think I will now look at the train as my first option for travelling to Granada. -- I am glad that you liked the airport here in Bangalore but I am not too sure that you would have liked the city. Twenty years back you would have loved being here, but now no longer. All the green, open spaces are being taken up with concrete blocks and after the rains the pot-holes stare at you like festering wounds. - Incidentally, is the cathedral at Toledo open all day on sundays or only after two in the afternoon? I am confused because some sites on the net say it is all day while others say it is not.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distances in Toledo

The official cathedral web site says after 2pm

www.catedralprimada.es/museos_informacion/

Bangalore is certainly sprawling. But the airport works well.

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distances in Toledo

Thanks again! If you happen to come to Bangalore again it would be nice to meet up. Do let me know, if you happen to have the time. My email ids are basuanjan52@gmail.com and basuanjan@hotmail.com.

9. Re: Distances in Toledo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 25, 2014