We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation into the town from the train station

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
transportation into the town from the train station

I would like information on how to find a bus from the train station to the town center. Where to get on, where to get off and the approximate cost.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
19 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

The railway station has a tourist information office which will provide maps and advice on local transport.

The city is is about 1.5 km away and 500m climb - don't walk.

there are 3 local buses (# 5, 61, 62) which will cost 1.5 Euro one way and take about 10 minutes to the main square in Toledo.

There is a hop-on hop-off open-top tourist bus which meets the trains from Madrid. It costs 8 Euro for all day. It only enters the city for 10 minutes, but, it tours the outskirts of the city (30-40 mins) on the way from the railway station, with free earphones and multi-lingual commentary, before arriving in the city centre. It is the best view of the city and surrounds that you will have all day.

It goes directly back to the railway station from Toledo centre - 10 mins.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

I thought it doable to do by foot, but the hop-on hop-off bus advised by John seems to be an excellent option.

Madison
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

How helpful you are! Thank you for saying how long the walk is (rather than "it's long" --- I never know if people mean 1 mile or 1 block) I might take a bus - but if the walking route is attractive, a bit steep, and 1.5K distance to center.....well, I'd still walk unless it's hazardous or ugly. What do you think?

Thanks!

Wendy

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Walk!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

I'm planning a visit myself this summer so I appreciate the information shared on this thread. I believe the approach by foot described by John is along Paseo de la Rosa? Here's a Google streetview map of the walking path (John, pls confirm).

http://g.co/maps/kt6jg

If you know how to use Google streetview to 'take a walk' and see the view, I think you'll agree that it's NOT hazardous but it's a good 20+ min walk. I'd rather take either the regular bus or the Ho Ho bus and save my legs for the more interesting and scenic parts.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Hi folks,

Do any of you know where there's an online map to be found of the bus services?

Reason being our hotel is a bit far from the centre

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Here's a link to the website for Unauto, the bus company. All the numbered bus routes are given, with bus stop names, but not map. Where is your hotel? Perhaps you could use a Google map to find the way there OR ask your hotel.

http://www.unauto.es/lineas.php

Bus info from the official website for tourism:

To the historic center:

- from the bus station: L-5, L-12

- from the railway station (AVE): L-5, L-6.1, L-6.2 y L-22 ( From railway station to Zocodover)

toledo-turismo.com/turismo/contenido/toledo-…

Edited: 9:27 pm, March 05, 2012
dallas
Level Contributor
344 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Hello Gigis_mum, thanks for your info.again. We are going to stay in Hotel Carlos V. We are planning to ride a bus with the luggages if it is a up-climb walk.

We will be in Toledo this mid June, I guess we will miss you by a week or so.

JoJo

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Hotel Carlos V is at an unbeateble location right in the middle of the old Toledo.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,733 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation into the town from the train station

Nancy:

The last time I went to Toledo I took a taxi to the Cathedral to save time. Cost was less than 6 euros.