We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transportation between Aranjuez and Toledo?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transportation between Aranjuez and Toledo?

Hi!

I will be in Madrid next month, and I’m planning to make a daytrip to Aranjuez and Toledo.

My initial plan was to take the first train to Toledo and then around 3 or 4 p.m. go to Aranjuez to visit the the gardens, wich are open until 21 p.m., giving a lot of time to explore them. And them I would take the cercanias C3 back to Madrid.

But in my research in the web, i wasn´t able to find any public transportation between Toledo and Aranjuez.

Acoording to nileguide.com/destination/…ixzz0ucgcbiDv

Twice a day you can take an express train from Madrid to Toledo, which makes a brief stopover at Aranjuez. This trip takes only 30 minutes. Trains run less often along the east-west route to and from Toledo (a 40-min. ride).

or

oneplanettravel.com/cms/…

The regional train service Madrid - Toledo (R3) departs from the Chamartín Station in Madrid and stops in Madrid-Nuevos Ministerios, Madrid-Recoletos, Madrid-Atocha and Aranjuez.The main routes and time schedules are: Trains to Toledo city depart from Atocha Station. The journey fare is 4.57 € approximately and lasts 75 minutes.

But i can´t find the timetables to this regional train in the site of Renfe!

Can anyone clarify if there is any public transportation between these two cities?

Or I have to return from Toledo to Madrid and them take the cercanias to Aranjuez?

I will post this question also in Madrid and Aranjuez Forums.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Aranjuez
Aranjuez
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Special Offer
Toledo and Segovia Tour with Alcazar...
471 Reviews
from $79.05*
$93.00
Toledo Half-Day or Full-Day Tour from...
1,504 Reviews
from $69.20*
Special Offer
Toledo Full Day Guided Tour with...
70 Reviews
from $80.10*
$89.00
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transportation between Aranjuez and Toledo?

Well, as I didn’t get any answer to my questions, I will now answer myself, and with this I hope to help everyone that have the same doubts!

I wasn’t able to do both cities in the same day, because in my trip plan, I could only visit them during the weekend, and by public transportation that wasn’t possible.

The only public transportation is a bus (http://www.aranjuez.ws/transportes/)!

There aren’t trains between Aranjuez and Toledo, although I was told that they were building a ave connection between them, but I´m not quite sure that this will still be done, because of the economical crises.

But especially for those that are visiting during the summer, this can be done as long day trip. But beware, because if you aren´t an early bird, this won’t work!

Madrid – Toledo-Aranjuez-Madrid

Take the train or the bus from Madrid. The bus (t-descubre.com/es/info/autobuses_interurbano…) it´s cheaper (4,74€).

On the other hand, the train will take 30 min, and the bus will take 50 min.

Note that this bus will only take to the terminal bus; you will have to take another bus that will take to Plaza Zocodover (5 -10 min, ticket 0.95€ can be bought in the bus), where you can get to anywhere in Toledo by walking!

Then you can spend the day strolling through Toledo, and then around 17h take the bus to Aranjuez (http://www.aranjuez.ws/transportes/), and after 45 min trip you are in Aranjuez, allowing to visit the gardens, wich are open until 21 p.m., giving time to have a good picture of the gardens of Aranjuez.

Then you can get back to Madrid, catching the C3 train to Madrid (trip of 44 min, 3,25€).

I would onily recommend doing this if you are in tight budget or if you just don’t have the time, and in the summer, because you will have the daylight until 9 pm.

Otherwise, I would recommend a two daytrip combined.

Madrid-Aranjuez-Toledo (two days) or Madrid-Toledo-Aranjuez (two days)

But if you have the time, I would advice two days of daytrip combined. See what you have to see in Madrid and then in the last two days (assuming that you will departure from Madrid) take the train or bus to Toledo, visit Toledo for the day and spend the night ( if your visit is in the end of August, you can see the Jazz festival for free in Plaza de Ayuntamento, and that was one of the highlights of my trip!!), and in the next day take the bus to Aranjuez, and then you can spend the day there, and when you are ready, get back to Madrid, by train!

Or you can do the opposite, take the C3 train in Atocha- (Madrid) to Aranjuez, visit the gardens and at the end of the day take the bus to Toledo, spend the night and the following day in Toledo, and at end of the day, return by train or bus to Madrid!

I hope that this info helps!

Mentioned in this post
Aranjuez
Aranjuez
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
2. Re: Public Transportation between Aranjuez and Toledo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 11, 2011