We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Toledo from Madrid

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Toledo from Madrid

I'm planning on taking the train from Madrid to Toledo on March 31st or April 1st. I'm not staying overnight - just going in the AM and returning in the evening. I've been trying to buy a train ticket on EurailEurope but they say tickets are not available on an individual basis. Are tickets sold out already? Do buses go to Toledo? We will be staying in Madrid near Atocha Station.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

bob,

I have no idea about EurailEurope. This is the only site you need for Spain. Buy your tickets here, print them off yourself, ensure you areusing Internet Explorer as your browser -

http://www.renfe.es/horarios/index.html

I believe it simple enough but you may need - 'How can I buy RENFE tickets on-line?' at near top r.h.s. this page.

Best wishes.

Edited: 8:24 am, February 24, 2010
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

Gracias. Hablo muy poco espanol.

I checked the website and it looks ok. After I pay online, how do I get my tickets. Do they just email me an eTicket or will they mail me actual tickets via the postal system?

Thanks again.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

bob,

As I have said - please pay attention - print them off yourself - keep a cool head.

Best wishes.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

Buy your tickets at the station it is only a short journey, there is a bus service though you have to take the metro to the bus station. When you return you have to have your bus ticket endorsed at the ticket office before boarding the bus. The return bus journey can be held up in heavy evening traffic. Take the train.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

Hi there. I have been to Toledo several times from Madrid years ago. It is not that far. You can go by train or bus and should have no problems getting either. I heard there is now an AVE fast train also from Madrid to Toledo, but not sure it is called AVE. I think maybe jokingly it is called the PATO (I heard that), but just go to the right train station and purchase the ticket there. Or look up schedules under RENFE which you can Google. RENFE is for all trains in Spain. The buses are pretty good also. YOu may want to also consider seeing Aranjuez if you are in the Toledo area, but plenty to see on a day trip in Toledo--the Cathedral, the Jewish Sinagoga de Tránsito, the beautiful mural by El Greco, the Entierro del Conde Orgaz, etc. Have a great time! Ana

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
107 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

Thanks. I got the tickets.

7. Re: Travel to Toledo from Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 31, 2010