We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations required on AVANT

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Reservations required on AVANT

from Madrid to Toledo & back? It doesn't appear so on RENFE, but some of the symbols and descritptions I am not 100% sure on my limited interpretational capacities.

It looks like it would be an 8.50 euro ticket...would we have to book that in advance? We're not going to use a rail pass day for such an inexpensive & short trip.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations required on AVANT

We recently travelled from Madrid to Toledo. I bought my tickets on line and printed them myself so I did not need to go near a ticket office.

All seats on the Avant are reserved seats and the trains we were on were not very long. I noticed when we arrived at Toledo that there was a notice board which showed that at least two of the return trains from Toledo to Madrid were full.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
2. Re: Reservations required on AVANT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 10, 2009