We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

Grateful if anyone has ideas on how long the train journey is and approximate timings from Miranda de Ebro in Spain to Santander.

Also useful if anyone knows decent hotel for families in either of these destinations. Much appreciated.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

Can I ask where you're original destination is? If you're coming from France, and the RENFE site is telling you you have to change at Miranda, it's because it doesn't recognise smaller local rail networks. There are two you may want to look at, www.euskotren.es, and www.feve.es. Between the two, they run train services between Hendaye in France and Santander, although it is quicker by bus which runs directly from Irun to Santander, www.alsa.es.

If I am wrong, and you are changing at Miranda for another reason, I'm afraid there is no service direct from there. Again, it would depend on your original destination. RENFE trains to Santander only run from Madrid-Segovia-Valladolid-Palencia-Santander (and from further south of Madrid). Otherwise, the FEVE network run slower trains from Santander to Bilbao.

As I said, RENFE and other European rail sites (like raileurope), don't recognise either FEVE or Euskotren as they are not national rail companies.

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

Thanks for the advice. I will be flying into Bilbao to see friends who live in Miranda de Ebro, so will catch a train about two hours. However, I need to fly out from Santander to London, and was wondering whether it would be possible to go to from Miranda to San Sebastian and then onto Santander. Please let me know if you have any suggections on this one, and would be really grateful.

Thanks!

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

Ok I see! Well yes, Bilbao to Miranda by train is easy. To go direct from Miranda to Santander you would have to either do it by bus changing at Burgos (www.alsa.es) or by train back to Bilbao and then either train (www.feve.es) or faster bus (again www.alsa.es) to Santander. The latter is probably easier. If you're wanting to go to Santander via SS, which is a bit of a detour, you would need to get the train to San Sebastian, and then from there to Santander it is best by bus (again www.alsa.es). For info on getting from Santander bus station to the airport, see the Top Quesitons.

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

I'm so glad that I have met someone who knows so much detailed info, Thanks ever so much. It will help me to decide with your useful guidance, which I really appreciate. Thanks again! Agnelo

5. Re: Can I get from Miranda de Ebro to Santander by Train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 09, 2012