We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santiago de compostela

Chandler, Az
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
santiago de compostela

I plan to fly from Malaga to Santiago de Compostela on September 11, then a need tranpostation to Oviedo. I plan than walk back from Oviedo to Santiago de Compostella. any ideas of a bus company that may have this service, and also how many days will it take to walk back. My plan is to walk about 5 hours a day. Any sugestions.

Thanks, ana

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela
Province of A Coruna, Spain
Oviedo
Oviedo
Asturias, Spain
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santiago de compostela

Why are you walking the wrong way on the Camino, west to east? As far as bus service goes, you can check the ALSA web site (www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa).

Chandler, Az
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: santiago de compostela

I am only planing my trip. I am going for the pilgranage, and thought that I fly to Santiago from malaga, then take a bus from Santiago to Oviedo and walk back, than fly back from Santiago to Malaga. I hope that it makes sense. Thanks for responding

Mentioned in this post
Oviedo
Oviedo
Asturias, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: santiago de compostela

The amount of hours you walk is going to be down to your fitness and how much preparation you have done before had. Obviously walking the Camino is no stroll in the park. Most routes this year are busy, but hopefully by the time you want to undertake the Camino you should find it a bit quieter.

To answer specific questions about the Camino I always suggest the following forum.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/

I should point out that Santiago de Compostela is in Galicia not in Cantabria where you have posted this question.

Good luck with your plans.

Mentioned in this post
Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela
Province of A Coruna, Spain
4. Re: santiago de compostela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 10, 2011