We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brittny Ferries '14; cheap but will the Fuente De cable open

London, England
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Brittny Ferries '14; cheap but will the Fuente De cable open

Brittany Ferries 2014 hotel bookings have opened - a bit later than planned - and as well as seemingly holding 2013 prices, the early booking/hotel inclusive prices are great value! 24-hour crossings to Santander or Bilbao in the Spring, plus 5 nights in our favourite hotel, are actually currently £50+ cheaper than return crossings alone, as I've said in frequent previous posts.

And in case this gets taken down by TA's moderators because its not really a question, I don't care- I'll get my holiday cheap!

But in case anyone can answer one genuine question; I was disappointed that in May this year, our trip to the Picos De Europa coincided with a three-day closure of the Fuente De Cable car, so we didn't get to walk closer to the tops (we're getting a bit creaky for the 1000m get-in!).

Does this happen often, and is it predictable. Maybe last year's closure was related to the unseasonably late snows?

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brittny Ferries '14; cheap but will the Fuente De cable open

The cable car is usually open all year, and closes for part of February for maintenance. However, yes, it closed in May this year, also for maintenance reasons: cantur.com/instalaciones/…parametro-276

This is not usual though, so unless you're going in February, I shouldn't expect this to happen again!

And yes, now is the time to make the most of BF's great holiday deals, they are by far the cheapest way to visit Cantabria by car with nice accommodation! My parents also use them regularly with their Spanish Casas option, it's a great deal with some lovely places.

2. Re: Brittny Ferries '14; cheap but will the Fuente De cable open

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 12, 2014