We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

massachusetts usa
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

Where does one get the tram to Laguna, and how long is the trip.

Are there any areas of Santa Cruz or Laguna unsafe for tourists.

Is shopping good?

Thanks for any info

qquubbic

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

Hi

I would not like to say just how good the shopping is in Santa Cruz {I try to keep my wife away from the shops} but re either Santa Cruz or Laguna we have never felt worried about walking around be it during the day or after dark. Regarding the tram service the full journey is about 40 mins from end to end. Below is a zoomable link to the bus services from Santa Cruz and it is the red colour route you need to follow

tenerife-marketing.com/Tenerife-Tram-Map-200…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
713 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

I,m assuming you will be coming from a cruise ship, if you are the cruise ship terminal is very central for everything in Santa Cruz ,the bus station is across the road like wise the tram , quite nearby is El Corte Ingles a lovely big department store, loads of bars/ restaurants there too, try to avoid the smaller shops if you intend buying anything . you will probably be wise to all the cons people try on cruiseship passengers knowing that they won,t be back tomorrow, like anywhere in the world be alert and don,t take anything for granted there are bad people everywhere, hope you enjoy and go back to Tenerife for a longer stay ,

[blue eyes]

massachusetts usa
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

Thank you very much guys, your info is very helpful. We are escaping from a cruise ship for a few hours, do speak Spanish, and will probably take a side trip to La Laguna

qquubbic Nottingham

4. Re: 7hrs in Santa Cruz Jan 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz de Tenerife