We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music venues

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wolverhampton
Level Contributor
73 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Music venues

Whilst expecting PDLC to be less "touristy" than the south of the island we do like a good live music venue. Are we likely to find any in Puerto?

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music venues

Hi

It depends what type of live music you want .

You will not find any tribute type groups or singers .The main type of music is Spanish / Canarian duos performing in bars .

There is one main place you may find live groups , The Blanco Bar . They have various types of entertainment including groups , comedians, magic , but they are not typical English type groups .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,978 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music venues

Depends what type of music and when you are going, there is the Blanco Bar and Limbo Pub/Club that don´t get started until late. If you are there in the winter months you could try Bambi Astoria as the Rosa Maria Fuentes Foundation present musical entertainment most weekends. Also Abaco Museum offers various types from 'modern' bands i.e. Beatles to classical. In the summer like the south of the island you will find live music concerts taking place in the open air probably around the harbour.

Sorry can´t be more helpful as not my part of the island, but there are those who visit often who I am sure will give you a list of the venues they visit. Enjoy.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
Level Contributor
867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Music venues

This is the big thing that let's PDLC down for me, lovely resort and great restaurants but absolutely no music bars in the evening when we were there a few years ago.

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music venues

The Molly Malone is a good live music bar. Quiet at this time of year but always busier at weekends, There is also a pool table if you enjoy a game. Opens in the evening at 8.00pm

Gullivers have live music some evenings might be worth a look.

Rockafellas have karaoke some evenings as does the Jardin Karaoke bar.

Hopes this helps

Edited: 2:51 pm, June 13, 2014
Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
Level Contributor
867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Music venues

Yes the Molly Malone is good there is only so much of Des and his Irish songs we could take!

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
73 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music venues

Thanks for all replies, we are going in 3 weeks time Aguilas

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,978 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music venues

@tezzer whilst it isn´t evening entertainment you may be around to catch Infinity Xtreme which is July brilliant fun and totally mad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syU4zg4k_jU

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
551 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Music venues

A lot of the bars feature live music of the pop/Latin variety. The Marquesa hotel features traditional Canarian and Spanish music at night. The bars at The Valle Mar hotel,Cafe Dinamico and Compostelana(on Plaza del Charco) feature different acts each night. This can range from popular Spanish and English pop to traditional Canarian. Just wander down and see what's playing. There are sometimes rock bands on at the 12 Bar and other venues.

There are sometimes classical and other concerts at the Bambi apartments, the Castillo San Felipe (Playa Jardin) and the cultural centre on Calle Quintana. Look out for the information pillars on the Avenida (behind the Las Vegas hotel) and at the top of San Telmo. They detail the cultural events in the area for each month.

Enjoy

Tommy

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Music venues

I'm not saying anything negative about PDLC or the island, but I'd just like to offer a suggestion, if I may.

If live music is really your scene, then can I suggest Corralejo, in the north of Fuerteventura, for a future holiday? It really is a musician's paradise, and the reason for us living here. Musicians from the UK, Holland and France have all known about the place when we've mentioned it, and those visiting here for a "busman's holiday" include top session musicians and current or retired big names. There are over 15 bars here that regularly have live music and there are some outdoor venues as well.

But it's mainly small stuff, and some are better than others, normally just one or two people playing electro-acoustic guitars, although there are two all-out electric rock bars. The council, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that live music must stop at midnight, while discos and karaoke (whose singers are presumably dead by definition) can carry on later. So the main live music scene here is 9.30 until midnight, with some afternoon performances particularly along by the seafront. It's a really cosmopolitan place so, although Anglo-Saxon music prevails, the musicians might well be Spanish, French...whatever.

It's also a great place for water-sports or just chilling out. But then I'm sure PDLC is good for that, too.

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Music venues

A lot of the live music in PDLC is aimed at the local population and doesn't get going till later (11.30pm to midnight is the normal start), so some visitors aren't even aware it goes on. Thankfully we don't have a midnight cut off as the Canarios like to party late :)

There is also a lot of live music at outdoor venues for fiestas and festivals

In fact it's the Fiestas Patronales from the start of July till 20th July with over 100 events taking place in Puerto, including performances by traditional Canario groups, Latino bands and usually rock groups as well.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz