We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea and coffee making facilities?

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Tea and coffee making facilities?

We are booked into the Perla Hotel in March and don't know if I have to take a travel kettle or not. I know there is a mini bar/fridge but need a few cups of coffee well before breakfast. Can anyone inform me?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Hi, not sure about this hotel. However you can buy an electric kettle for 10€. Or of course take a travel kettle with you.

We always take Nescafé with, as I find local coffee too bitter, and Nescafé is more expensive than in the UK.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Thanks for that. Yes, I agree with you about the Nescafe. The confusion was on Booking.com, they say there is a fridge but other sites differ. A cheap kettle will be getting packed then left for the cleaners. Thanks again

London, United...
Level Contributor
958 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Their website states 'kettle, on request'. www.hotelperlatenerife.com

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Oh! that sounds even better. I love all the Spanish food and we are quite adventurous but a cup of Nescafe has to be included into the equation where ever we go. We are so looking forward to getting a bit of sunshine especially with all the bad weather we are having just now. Thanks again

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Like yourself nescafe is my favourite coffee. There are probably many cafes in Puerto who serve it but two that I frequent that definately do are the Cafe Royal on the Avenida and Gullivers in a pedestrian area in the centre of town. I ask for a sachet of nescafe and hot water (I like mine black). You can of course order it with hot milk.

Hope you have a great holiday

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Thanks for that, I will give these places a try. I have stayed in PDLC before a few years ago but I discovered La Orotava and got spoilt. We stayed at the Hotel Rural Victoria and just loved it. I will be going for lunch in March but it was so much cheaper in this hotel so will be giving it a try. I have been surprised sometimes at the quality of a cheap package deal so hope this is one of those. Thanks again.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Hi, if you ask for 'decaf' you will receive a sachet of decaffeinated Nescafé. Either empty to show your coffee was made with it, or with a jug of hot water and milk.

Edited: 5:01 pm, February 14, 2014
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
37 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Thank you all for the replies. I am so excited to be going next month. Glad I will not be doing without my coffee. I will of course be having a glass or two of the local vino while there too!

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Hi, Tenerife is a lovely island, Puerto in particular. Although your hotel is out of the town centre, a short walk across the main road will bring you to some steps down to the Martinez shopping centre, sea front and beach. Although you may want to get a taxi back, only 5€. The buses on the main road will take you to all parts of the island. After dinner walk to the natural volcanic Taoro Park, with great views across the old town and 1000 miles of ocean horizon. There is also a lovely walk down through the water gardens into old Puerto.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tea and coffee making facilities?

Hi

My wife loves to get away from Nescafe type coffee ,and drink the lovely local coffee .

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz