We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment for holiday

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
apartment for holiday

Mature couple need a holiday apartment in Puerto for 4 weeks. NIce sunny terrace and some British tv

Chester
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment for holiday

What is your budget, when and what part of town ?

Cassablanca apartments are good.

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment for holiday

we booked ours through holiday rentals at the top of this page. have a look.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment for holiday

Hi Casablanca get consistently good reviews.

UK TV may be more of a problem, as a new satellite does not now reach the Canary Islands. So you can only access UK TV via the internet. However internet speeds are slow in Tenerife.

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment for holiday

Not sure when the new satellite was installed but we stayed in the Casablanca end of January and could get all the usual UK channels.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment for holiday

Hi, UK BBC chanels started to disappear this weekend, others will follow over the next few weeks, the satellite will then be moved to a new orbit. The BBC argument is that only licence payers should be able to view BBC programmes, therefore the new 'footprint' is for the UK only.

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment for holiday

Oh dear, that's disappointing! Not that I"m that bothered about TV when i'm holiday but it's useful if you have children!

glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment for holiday

From what I have read you will now be able to pick up a few more channels so your children should be OK

I'm no expert but the effect of this on the tourist industry could be quite damaging. Most hotel rooms don't have an internet connection so unless this is implemented ... little or no UK television for the long stay holiday makers.. Not too bothered about tv myself when on holiday but lots of long stay visitors rely on this.

Hope this is resolved soon.

Edited: 8:47 am, February 10, 2014
8. Re: apartment for holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:00 am, February 25, 2014
glasgow
Level Contributor
336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: apartment for holiday

maybe you should look for an apartment with an internet connection. You can then take your laptop and watch UK television.

Keith M's suggestion looks good and another one that is free is Filmon.com.

A good internet speed is really necessary fo be able to watch TV.

Puerto de la Cruz...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: apartment for holiday

For the apartment vacational rent in Puerto de la Cruz you can contact puertocruzrent@gmail.com

They have nice apartments in the city center close by the beach from 250 euros per week.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz