We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Oratava for Corpus Christi

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
La Oratava for Corpus Christi

Going to be in Puerto de la Cruz on 6 June so want to visit La Oratava for Corpus Christi. No car, planning to go by bus. What time of day should we head off and where are the best places to go to view the flowers etc? Will restaurants be open for lunch/dinner?

Thanks for any info

Chester
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

Hi,

are you sure it is on the 6th?

I will be in PDLC on the 6th and would like to go again.

2 years ago we went to La Oratava about 9:00 and we took a taxi which was about 8 euros to the bus station in La Oratava and then walked up to where they had started to lay the flowers. The first circuit of the flowers we saw the basic frame work and the patterns they were working from and few visitors so we had plenty of time to get photo's. The second time around the pictures had taken shape and the town hall was open and you must go in, but now the crowds had grown and you had to go with the flow. The 2 circuits had taken us 3 hours but you could do it a lot quicker. The candy floss and burger van line the street between the flowers and the bus station. I can't suggest a restaurant as we headed back to PDLC for lunch. I would say that the flowers are all laid out by 13:00 and the procession is in the evening but for me watching them make the pictures and the Canarian children learning the skills from their parents was the best part.

Please let me know if it is the 6th as this will be a great unexpected day out.

Keith.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,403 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

It is definitely the 6th and I would suggest getting there mid morning so you can get the best of it all - both the work being done and the finished article. You walk up the street following the crowds the centre of the streets are cordoned off where the locals are working on the carpets and you just follow the route which is predefined.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

Yes you are right ..

mydestination.com/tenerife/events/73207780/l…

www.webtenerife.co.uk/events/corpusor13.htm

S

Edited: 5:57 pm, May 24, 2013
Chester
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

thank you all,

you have just made my holiday, I only booked last week to get away from this awful weather and this is a fantastic surprise.

I can never remember the which month PDLC and La Oratava have their festivals, I know one is June and the other is July, hopefully it will sink in this time.

Thanks,

Keith.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,403 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

I only knew Keith because I have a blog 'Bloomin Marvelous' due to be published on the 26th which has lots of photos not just mine but those of Phil Crean and Arthur Jackson about the carpets as well as a video. It is a beautiful experience and well worth a visit. Have a good time.

I am still waiting to find out the date for those in Adeje and there is possibly one in El Medano which I am still trying to get details on.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,403 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

Oops, duplicate post.............

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Edited: 6:36 pm, May 24, 2013
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,403 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

newsinthesun.com/more-than-2-tons-of-volcani…

8. Re: La Oratava for Corpus Christi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz