We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

next week's weather

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
next week's weather

We are due to arrive in Puerto on sat and looking at the weather forecast it's raining almost every day- after our UK summer too. Can anyone say what it's like in the rain and do we need to bring waterproofs and umbrellas?

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: next week's weather

Dont get too worried about rain yet!

The weather in Puerto changes very quickly because of its position in the Atlantic!

When it does rain it can be heavy and can last for several hours, but there again it might rain for an hour in the morning, or over night, and be hot and sunny by the PM. As you have probably read the north can be cloudy but it should be lovely and warm, although a jumper or light jacket needed in the evneing

When going at his time of year I would take a light weight waterproof that you can stuff in a back pack and a small umbrella just to be prepared!! However make sure you also pack your sunglasses, swimsuits and flip flops! Wellies wont be needed!

fingers crossed that the forecast changes!

Alison

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,635 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: next week's weather

This is what it looks like today !

canariaswebcam.com/index.php/webcams/webcams…

S

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: next week's weather

Thanks,

I'll pack the umbrella to be safe.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
559 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: next week's weather

You should treat weather forecasts for Puerto cautiously. The locals will tell you that the weather is unpredictable for more than about 24 hours. I tend to use www.estiempo.es for forecasts when I'm there. A lot of the hotels use this site and it tends to be fairly accurate.

Best advice is to take a range of clothing and keep your fingers crossed! We may be going some time in November-so I do understand your concerns. However, we have also stayed in Puerto in December and January for the last few years and had great weather.

If you do get too much cloud or rain, you can always hop on the bus to Santa Cruz. It's about 40 mins by bus and the weather is often sunnier on that side. Use the Lido near the auditorium for sunbathing.

Cheers

Tommy

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: next week's weather

Thanks Tommy,

We are packed and ready to go; with umbrellas and fingers crossed.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: next week's weather

Hi, we often go in November. We have noticed in the past that it can rain over night, or first thing in the morning. And although it can be cloudy the sun is strong enough to burn through. We are going out in 3 weeks and expect to spend from 10 to 3 on the beach, although the sea is too cold for me, others do swim. It can also be rough at times. At night a light jumper or shawl, but still warm enough to eat out of doors.

We always return with a lovely tan.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: next week's weather

Hi, we have been here 5 days, been on the beach every day. Who said November could be cool. Rained one night. Lovely.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,197 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: next week's weather

So no more of this then Ricky http://youtu.be/i3KBvWkWl98 Sun shines on the righteous 8)

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: next week's weather

Hi, rained yesterday morning and last night. Snowed on Mt. Teide, lovely to look at. Showers this morning, but also sunny. Still in shorts and tee shirts.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: next week's weather

A wife like mine then ricky eh?......"you bought it for your holidays ,so your blinking wearing it !!".......Shame about the weather for your holidays .

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz