We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goats?

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Goats?

We are staying in Pez Azul,not far from the Orchid gardens. Yesterday about 6pm,opposite the hotel ,the other side of the storm drain and terraces, there was about 100 black goats grazing on the terraces. They stayed for about 30 mins then just ambled off into the hills. We couldn't see a goat herd but there was a man with a van that appeared to be with them. Any one know where they came from and where did they go? Ps we still haven't seen any clouds yet! Full week no clouds, all sunshine!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goats?

No clouds ,thats nice .But those goats where white before they got in the middle of the cloud of cigarette smoke !!! LOL

Doesnt 100 goats count as a Goat Herd ??? if so then you would have seen one ........

2. Re: Goats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:12 am, September 06, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goats?

Hi

They have been around for years, when we first went to Puerto we used to see them many times browsing in the storm drain area alongside of the shopping mall at the rear of the Casablanca apartments/El Tope and also in the storm drain area over the road from the Luabay hotel. Only once did we see a herder with them but they just seemed to be left to wander and graz.

All of the locals did not give them a second look but there were alway a lot of holiday makers taking photos and pointing them out to others that walked by. They IMO are a nice addition to the town and not something you would see in many towns in the UK thats for sure :0)

Still it sure is nice that once again the north is blessed with wall to wall sunshine ;0)

Sparhawk1

Edited: 5:09 am, September 06, 2012
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goats?

When we were there in March staying in Hotel San Felipe ,there is a Barranco that runs down the side ; and past the super market ...we could see a herd of goats in there .... Then another time on the road by the side of the Barranco with all the Palm trees leading to the supermarket ,there was a lovely little grey Batam chicken..... I do hope she stayed safe !

Sylla

Liverpool
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goats?

We are by the storm drain by El Tope and that's were we saw them. Yes all the tourists were looking at them cos we don't see them in UK. Something different,but where they do they go?

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goats?

hgv .... Those Barrancos ( storm drains ) I prefer to call them Barrancos , cos they are natural not man made "drains" ...They start in the mountains , so I expect if you followed one you would finish up in a mountain , with a small farm on the way ....

Sylla

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
391 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goats?

Sylla,

Tend to agree with you the viaduct stretches all the way up to the back of PDLC so I assume there are wee farms up in the area where the English Church is. Must admit never seen goats in all my times going to PDLC - can imagine my wife's reaction if I had said that I'd seen a herd on my way home from the pub LOL.

Deefiaant10

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goats?

Dee we were in Turkey once ,walking back to hotel along the beach track , we had a torch and then we saw these BIG eyes ...it was a cow LOL ! shock of my life ! no one believes you though after dark LOL ! so I should keep it quiet if you have been to the pub !

Sylla

Edited: 6:38 am, September 06, 2012
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goats?

Hi, we often see these herds of goats on rough ground around Puerto. In fact there are two herds. There is a shepherd with them and a couple of dogs, but they are often tucked away in the shade.

Once a year they are taken down to the sea for their annual bath.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goats?

Apparently great in a curry...

Sparky.