We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

liverpool
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Hello there, we are off to tenerife this thursday. We have never been before, there is myself my husband and 8 year old daughter, does anyone have any helpful tips or info for us please. We are staying at the blue sea resort puerto de la cruz for 2 weeks, thankyou.

tina x

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Hi Tina

Do you mean the Interpalace hotel ? If so , it is a little way out , up a bit of a climb from the main seafront ,shops and restaurants .I have never stayed there , so if you havnt already ,have a look on the TA reviews for the hotel .

You will probably have heard of the long transfer time and the cloudy cold rainy weather , well forget it , Puerto can be as hot as down south ,and even when it is cloudy you get a tan just the same.

Puerto is a working town with a mixture of visitors but is predominantly Canarian/Spanish . It is green and has plenty of vegitation and has a very relaxed feeling .

For the grownups there are plenty of shops restaurants cafes to keep you busy .For the young one there are two black sand beaches . the best outdoor water lido ( no slides but several large pools ) on the islands and Loro Parque . Parrots , Sealions , Dolphins , Whales , Wild cats and so much more . The Penguinarium (with snow falling from the roof ) is worth the admission alone .

The whole town is child friendly and is very safe to walk around in ,even late at night .

If you need anymore info just ask . you may get others coming on with advice and suggestions on what to do

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

I often wonder what there is for children in Puerto once you have done the main attractions, after all not many can afford to fork out approx €90 for 2 adults and a child at Loro or €32 for Pueblo Chico more than once during their holiday. But here are some ideas from someone who lives there so I hope it helps. blog.tenerife.co.uk/thingstodopuertodelacruz/

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Hi Aquilas

I agree about things for children to do in Puerto .

My only reply is " what did you & I do when we were young ? It seems now that to keep young ones happy we need Theme Parks & Water Parks

What is wrong with sitting on a beach and spending the day there .?

When I was young we lived near a beach and the six weeks holidays passed by and,there was not enough time to do everything we wanted

You have become soft and spoiled in the south and lost the art of amusing yourselves .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,549 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

@freeman, I received this a couple of weeks ago and hung on to it because it brought back so many memories. Enjoy because I think it is probably as applicable to a Mackem as it is to a Monkey Hanger.

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, bread and dripping, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, and didn’t get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer.

Our cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles or locks on cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags.

We drank water from the garden hose, not from a bottle.

Takeaway food was limited to fish and chips no McDonald’s or KFC.

Even though the shops closed at 6pm and didn’t open on a Sunday, somehow we didn’t starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends from one bottle and no one died from this. We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy toffees, gobstoppers and bubble gum.

We ate white bread and real butter, drank cow’s milk and soft drinks with sugar, but we weren’t overweight because  we were always outside playing!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day, but we were OK. We would spend hours building go-karts out of old prams and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

We built tree houses and dens and played in riverbeds with Matchbox cars.

We did not have PlayStations, Nintendo Wii and Xboxes, DVDs, or colour TV.

There were no mobiles, computers, internet or chat rooms. We had friends and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. And we ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, too.

Only girls had pierced ears.

You could buy Easter eggs and hot cross buns only at Easter.

We were given air guns and catapults for our birthdays; we rode bikes or walked to a friend’s house.

Not everyone made the school rugby, football, cricket or netball teams. Those who didn’t had to learn to deal with disappointment. Getting into the team was based on merit.

Our teachers hit us with canes, gym shoes and threw the blackboard rubber at us if they thought we weren’t concentrating.

We can string sentences together, spell and have proper conversations now because of a solid three Rs education.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Thanks ,

Loved it ,and lived every minuite of it .

"The 4 Yorkshiremen" by The Monty Python Team is another one .

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Hi Tina,

I'm heading to the blue sea resort with my husband and 8yr old son in a couple of weeks so we might see you there! We've never been either so if you pick up any top tips in your first week please pass them on, it would be really appreciated! Hope you have a great holiday!

Deni

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Have just got back from there today (blue sea hotel puerto resort), with hubby and 7yr old. We enjoyed it. It can be cloudy but beware you can still get burnt, however it was 30 degrees most of the time. It is a walk into town, but so safe and kid friendly and only €4 in a taxi back. Mini disco is a bit young for your 8yr old, but I am sure they will make friends. Loro Parque is a good day out, and I mean day out. You may have a battle for the sunloungers, but we enjoyed just laying by the pools. Food is good, but there isn't much kid food if your one is picky (like mine), but he never went hungry, the amount of food available is great. Hope you have a good time :)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

Thanks for that! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, reviews on here have been so mixed recently. Looking forward to it even more now!

9. Re: blue resort hotel puerto de la cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations