We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family hotel !

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best family hotel !

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions for a nice hotel for mid 40s couple with a 4yr old,

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family hotel !

Hi most of the hotels are child friendly. There are a number of hotels on or near the sea front. Although these are convenient for a beach, lido complex and town, they will be more trafic and noise. There are a number of hotels in the Taoro Parque area. This is a natural park just above the old town. A walk down hill to the town, harbour and sea front. A little further to a large beach with good facilities.

Puerto is a lovely local town and resort. Our children loved it, my daughter was 4 when we first took. The boys still come with us now as young men.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family hotel !

Hi ,

While I agree with Ricky about the hotels being child friendly ,I am not so sure I agree about the noise .

The front is fully pedestrianised ,and now that Avenue Familia Betancourt has gone the same way there is very little traffic .Step out of the H10 Tenerife Playa . cross 100 yards pedestrian walkway ,and you are at the lido .30 /40 yards a small black sand beach .There are plenty of restaurants within a few yards and the main shopping area is 10 mins walk . The San Felipe is about a couple of mins from The H10 ,one way and The Valle Mar and Catalonia Las Vegas a.couple of hundred yards the other way . All are 4 star hotels ,although as I only have stayed at H10 ,I am not sure about the other hotels .

The other side of the town is the Luabay and several other hotels.,and these are nearer the main beach and Loro Parque

While Puerto is a working town they are doing all they can to make it as tourist friendly as they can .

While there are quite a few families around most go to the south , but I am sure you can find plenty to see and do for your 4 year old .

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best family hotel !

May I ask if you specifically want a hotel in Puerto de la Cruz or did you just happen to post here rather than in Tenerife general. Depending on your answer you could receive many more suggestions but they could be in the south or the west of the island.

If you are concentrating on Puerto have you considered the transfer time and costs involved in getting there, assuming you fly into the south airport?

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

4. Re: Best family hotel !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations