We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puerto de la cruz

Which Puerto de la Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wakefield
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
puerto de la cruz

could anyone tel me if it it is cooler here in august than in say los cristianos or puerto santiago as i i have seen a really nice hotel that i would consider booking thanks for any help or advice x

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi ,

Puerto is generaly a couple of degrees cooler than the south ,but you still get high temperatures and plenty of sun ( no matter what people say about the rainy/cloudy north )

Dont be put off by the cloud cover that you get at times ,because you still get a tan and you still have to sit in the shade at times .

Yes you do get more rain than the south but it is usualy at night and is not very much . In the thirteen (September ) years we have been going there ,we can count on one hand the number of times we have had to shelter from rain

This (welcoming ) rain and cloud cover helps makes Puerto a lovely green , relaxing resort .

Not knowing which hotel you are looking at ,I would recomend the San Felipe or H10 Tenerife Playa , both on the sea front and central to shops and restaurants

Puerto is a lovely resort , full of native Canarians and a cosmopolitan mixture .

It is more suited to the older generation , but there are plenty to do for all generations.

Edited: 8:02 am, June 04, 2012
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi, we have been going to Tenerife for many years. There is little or no rain In August on the coast, and although it can be a little cloudy at times, it is rarely fully overcast, and it is still hot.

You wont notice any difference in August.

We always return with a lovely tan.

wakefield
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: puerto de la cruz

thankyou for the the replies- very helpful. i was looking at the luabay tenerife as we have stayed at the luabay costa los gigantes and it was outstanding (as was the weather) bright sunny days all day which is what bothered me about puerto and i really wanted to try out a different part of tenerife

thanks again nikki x

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi

It annoys me the impression that is generated about Puerto - COLD AND CLOUDY .I have been to the south a couple of times and could not wait to get back north , to the greenery and the relaxing atmosphere , and out of the relentless sun .

Dont worry you will sometimes have cloud early morning ,but usually the sun is out and shining soon after.

Also beware ,you do get burnt if it is cloudy ,as people who have lain there thinking they were safe have found out .

Have never been to the Lubay but it looks nice and is central for Loro Parque and Puerto centre and right opposite the main beach .

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi

I would agree with both posters, we go July/August each year and can only remember one part of one morning that we woke to a shower {it lasted about 20 mins} other than that having on the odd time a bit of cloud was a welcome relief from the sun around the pool areas {do remember that each hotel will have its own "micro climate}. It is nice to wake each morning and sit on the balcony watching the clouds around Teide break and see the rays of the sun slowly move down across the villages knowning that {once again}it is going to be a hot day and later to sit in the town square under the shade of the trees sipping a nice cool drink and watching the world go by.

If you like diversity Puerto has it all and if the sun did hide for a while and you felt the need a short bus ride can take you further down the coast to explore what the island has to offer :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

wakefield
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: puerto de la cruz

thanks everyone i will let you know what i think !

Liverpool
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi We stayed in Lubay on our first visit to PDLC and we enjoyed it. The hotel has some lovely chill out reading area with comfy couches and 2 swimming pools. The staff are very attentive as well although we thought the bar was expensive.But there are plenty of places around to eat drink and be merry! It's a pleasant 15 min stroll to the harbour and the main square - usually took us about 2 hours though cos we would stop and have a drink at different places along the way. There is a great place to eat on the harbour that we called the coke cola bar cos of the chairs and tables,only open in the day but a great place to sit and watch all the local kids having fun in the harbour,lovely food.Saying that, we never had a bad meal at anywhere we went during the holiday.The weather is ideal for me cos I don't like to be in bright sunshine- always warm and pleasant but still get a lovely tan so make sure to wear sun cream cos it can be deceiving. The best thing about the Lubay for us,they bought a bottle of champagne to the room on my birthday even though we hadn't told them- apparently they noticed my date of birth on my passport- that's attention to detail! Going back for our 3rd visit in September and can't wait. Enjoy yourself,I'm sure you will!

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: puerto de la cruz

Hi, the Lubay, is in a lovely position on the edge of town, although as has been said only a 20 minute stroll through the old fishing town, past a wide variety of local bars and street side restaurants, to the harbour and lovely tree shaded main square.

There is a large beach, with good facilities very close by, a further walk through sea front gardens take you to a further two beaches.

Although I have not stayed in this hotel, I have friends who have, and have walked past it many times.

9. Re: puerto de la cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz
Recent Conversations