We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi,

Its our first time to Tenerife and we are thinking of staying at this hotel, can anybody tell me if certain holiday agents have limited choice of good rooms.

For example, I've found Monarch is quite a bit cheaper than Thomson, so does this reflect in the standard of rooms that are on offer or shuld I just go with the bargain?

Thanks

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,820 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Tulullah ...

Have you been on your holiday yet ? just wondering how you got on with the Monarch flight ?

Sylla

Edited: 4:40 pm, June 14, 2012
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Sylla,

Sorry I took so long to answer I have been really busy at work.

We are going in October, so will let you know then how everything goes....

Edited: 4:39 am, June 24, 2012
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,820 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Thanks tulullah..... a few months to wait yet then , but it will soon come round ....have you booked a package holiday with a transfer included ?, as you do know Puerto is on the other side of the Island and a good hours trip from the airport ....

We only go half board as most holidays are an extra £200 to £250 pp for all inclusive and we would never spend that much on drinks/extras and we always have a bottle of wine which last us two nights for two ...and then coffee /brandy/baileys later ...Then we like to wander out in the evening and stop somewhere else for drinks etc ...

As for the post mentioning a queue at breakfast ...yes it does happen if the hotel is full , but we always try to be in the dining room by 8:15 to 8:30 and miss any queueing ...( never had to queue yet) and the hotel has always been mostly full ...

Dinner can be the same , but I can't eat late , so down at 6:30 to 7:00 pm ....and again no queueing ....

Sylla

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi Sylla,

We don't eat late either so hopefully we will miss the queues also.

Because its our first time to Tenerife we did book a holiday that included a transfer and all inclusive , maybe next time we will be more adventurous.

T.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi, a great choice of resort and hotel. October is a lovely month to go. Not as hot as this past week of 40+, more like a good UK summers day. We like going at this time of the year. Warm enough to sit around the lovely pool, or on the beach just in front of the hotel. There is a nice bar and cafe here, sit here after dinner and watch the sun go down with the lights on the hills opersite. Then walk along the sea front, a light jumper or shawl is all you will need.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi Tulullah,

please budget an extra couple of hundred pounds and get out of the hotel and sample the tapas bar and cheap restaurants PDLC has to offer ( menu of the day 6-10 euros per person and the bar across the road on the beach by the hotel is cheaper, if you decide to buy a branded drink).Hopefully, you will then see why all the people who have responded love PDLC.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

Hi,

Will certainly take your advice and try a few local bars and tapas.

Thanks

T

18. Re: Rooms at the Bahia Principe san Felipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz