We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

There were 4 of us - danes and swedes on 31st dec 2007. First, we didn't get the table even when we have booked a week before. They said we mentioned the date wrongly.

Second, they even called us liars and cursed us!!!!!! I don't remember the manager's name but he was one of the unfriendly ones..

The guy next to our hotel room told us that we didn't miss anything anyway on the new year's eve. The restaurant was OVERPRICED and OVERRATED!!

Stay away from MIL SABORES - but should definitely try Regulos, Papaya, Casa Miranda.. all close by.. and the local menu are so much better than typical continental food.. try the fish and delicous canarian potatoes with mojo sauce.. yummy..

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

Sorry, Maydane, have to entirely disagree with you.

I've eaten at Mil Sabores many, many times and have always found both the food and the service to be excellent and extremely good value for money.

It's unfortunate that there seems to have been a mix up with your booking and you clearly didn't have a good experience but I'm afraid your's is the exception, not the norm.

As you know, Puerto has many very good, traditional Canarian restaurants but the food at Mil Sabores is imaginative and beautifully prepared; its sophisticated menu and decor may not be the choice of traditionalists but it's certainly appreciated by everyone I know who's eaten there.

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

Hi Maydane,

I've just re-read your post and realise you didn't even actually eat there! I feel quite strongly that you really shouldn't tell people not to go to a restaurant where you haven't even eaten!

CHESHIRE ENGLAND
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

Well said Gusto Vino, I have also eaten at this Restaraunt many times and have also found the service Excellent and the food out of this world,I will be back in Puerto in April and will be going back to enjoy the excellent Hospatality. Anybody reading this try it for yourself and also take advice from Gusto Vino i have read many postings by them but never had the pleasure to enjoy there company but if anybody knows what they are talking with regard to Puerto they do.

Lancashire. England
Level Contributor
160 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

I too agree with Gusto Vino - we loved the place and would definitely recommend anyone staying in PDLCruz, who loves great food, to eat here - it was the best meal of our holiday !

I certainly would nt describe the menu at Mil Sabores as ' typical continental food' either - far from it !

5. Re: MIL SABORES restaurant - awful customer service!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz