We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

Glasgow
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

Hi

My husband and I will be arriving in Tenerife on the day of the crucial Scotland v Italy match. We will be in Puerto de la Cruz and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on where we might be able to watch the match. We are staying at an apartment halfway between La Paz and the town - so could go up or down the hill.

Somewhere with a good atmosphere - but not too rowdy! I don't reall fancy any of the English or Irish bars to be honest but they may be the only ones showing such a game. Any thoughts?

Cheers, Carole

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

I'm also looking for somewhere to watch the game so any help would be appreciated!

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

Probably the best place for watching British football in Puerto de la Cruz is the Beehive pub on Calle La Hoya (go down steps from La Paz, cross Av Generalisimo at Hiper Dino supermarket and go straight ahead onto Calle La Hoya). Although it's aimed at the British, it's Canarian owned and has friendly staff and a good atmosphere during matches. If you want to check that they're definately showing the game, it might be worth giving them a ring a couple of days beforehand (0034 922 88 89 14).

Alternatively the Beehive 2 is near La Paz, signposted from near the Texaco garage on Carretera Botanico. Although personally I think the one in town has a better atmosphere for watching football.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

Thanks again GustoVino!

4. Re: Sco v Ita football - 17th Nov - recommendations to watch it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz