We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
701 posts
543 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

Have been reading the forum and hotel reviews.

The Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa seems to get mostly good reviews and several people have talked about getting an all-inclusive package, but not by booking direct with the hotel.

Please can anyone recommend where to look for those deals?

And please can anyone tell me whether the pools are likely to be warm enough for swimming in March?

My wife and I will need a quality relaxing break for a couple of weeks after a difficult family bereavement and I need to find somewhere where we have a good chance of relaxing without hassle, whilst having good quality rooms and service. The frantic scene in the south of Tenerife is not to our taste and we have been recommended to look at Puerto de la Cruz instead. We will not expect to eat in the hotel every day, so are also interested in good local restaurants, wherever we stay.

We are open to any suggestions - in fact would welcome them, please !!

Thanks

glasgow
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

We have been to Puerto many times and really enjoy it. cant comment on your chosen hotel but it looks really nice although a bit of a walk from the centre of town fine if you enjoy walking. would guess you should look for a heated pool in march I know the Tenerife playa hotel has a heated pool we were in it in January of this year.

there are too many good restaurants to mention the nicest ones are mainly in the streets off the square at the seafront end. Pick up t

he free tenerife news for some ideas.

there are many web sites with accomodation try findrooms.com I have used them on several occasions. hope this is helpful

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
701 posts
543 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

Thank you Bethany, all info is useful.

I hadn't thought about needing a heated pool - good tip - I had thought it was always warm enough in Tenerife in the winter.

The hotel finder link is useful too - hadn't tried that before, just Expedia etc.

Cheers

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
701 posts
543 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

It me again...!!

Have just realsied that we have a room reservation at the Hotel Turquesa which says pool view OR part sea view.

If we are given a choice when we arrive, can anyone tell us whether there's a preference about what room to go for?

We're actually off tomorrow morning so I'm hoping someone might be able to spot this and respond this evening.

If not, we'll find out when we get there..!!

Cheers

Brissle

4. Re: Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa - all inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Cruz