We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Hi All, looking to go to Tenerife in Feb half term, but have left it late for booking, so accommodation is not easy, or very expensive. We are a family with 2 children, 2 and 4. Ideally would like to be central, but not too noisy at night. A heated pool and close to the beach would be great. Happy with either AI or self catering. Basically struggling to decide/find a place to stay. We would like as good a weather as possible, so the have been looking in the south. I just wondered what people thought out of the following options...(sorry for the long list, any help appreciated...)

Hotel troya – AI – family room - £1300, junior suite £1460

Dream villa tagoro – AI - premium family room - £1800

Iberostar las dalias – AI – family interconnecting room - £1900

Laguna park 1 – AI – 1 bed apart - £880

Aqua marina golf sur – AI - ££830, B&B = £580

Be Live experience Playa la arena – AI - £1550

Regency country club – SC - one bed apart - £1250

Do any of these look like a better option to you? Any others you would recommend, although part of the problem is that a lot of the favourites are fully booked or too expensive. I would say max budget is £2k for the week from 15th Feb and would need to be AI for that.

Thanks in advance...

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

The other was Bahia Principe - AI - £1700

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Anyone got any advice on any of these? I am a bit lost with all the hotels and reviews...Thanks

southport
Level Contributor
931 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

not on your list but take a look at hotel Isabel, it should tick all of your boxes.

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Thanks for the advice, had looked at that one but unfortunately no availability.

Wednesbury...
Level Contributor
437 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

We've stayed in Laguna Park 1 and we liked it (we're a couple -no kids). We stayed SC as we always do in Tenerife as there's so much choice for good food.

We also like Santa Maria

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Sorry I've not stayed in any on your list, although a friend favours Las Dalias. Have you looked on google maps at your choices and checked walking distances to beaches etc? I always find this helps me to decide. Also some of your choices seem a bit far out?

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Thanks for the help. Yes, some are a bit far out. I guess they are not choices, more whats available (from what i can see)

Now looking at Dream Hotel Gran Tacande which looks nice and closer to beach, shops etc? Have any of you had any experience with this? It seems to get very good reviews.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

I've no real knowledge of the El Duque area I'm afraid. We tend to stay las Americas/los cristianos area.

Someone else may be able to comment.

Hope you get sorted!

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Hi we have stayed in Laguna park 1 and found it great for the price to be honest there are so many great places to go for a meal I would go self catering. Marios steak house if you like steak is very tasty and reasonably priced also the Mandarin Chinese buffet is amazing for under 7 euros per person cant go wrong.

Have a great holiday on the reef

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
104 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on Accomodation - Family in Half Term

Going half term as well and booked just last week through booking.com for garden city apartments. Very reasonably priced going self catering it has a heated pool and is well located. It has a mix of private rental as well so many of the apartments are marketed through other sites e.g owners direct. not been before so can't personally recommend but the reviews seemed positive. Good luck with getting booked!