We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is tenerife hot in february?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
39 posts
17 reviews
6 helpful votes
Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Me and my boyfriend absolutely love Tenerife and would like to go for valentines day in February 2016. What is the weather like then and will the water parks be open? We would either stay in playa de las Americas or los cristianos.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Yes it will be & yes every things open, Tenerife is a all year round destination , January & Febuary are high season ,!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

I love Tenerife been about 25 times, ive had good and bad weather but mostly good, went last summer July/August and the weather was awful we had 2 weeks of thick dark cloud and never seen any sun yet we went in the middle of winter January this year for a week and had 7 days of brilliant sunshine 28 degrees every day and never seen a cloud all week. So to answer your question will it be hot in February? its anyone's guess, the weather is always a gamble where ever you go in the world.

up north
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

we have been many times in early feb and temps have mostly around the 70f to 72f mark or 21c in new money, plenty warm in the sun but can be nippy early morning on the front in the sea breeze.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

hope so heading out at the end of jan

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
155 reviews
102 helpful votes
5. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

I have been loads of times February and March and it can get very hot if you are lucky,more chance of some rain at that time of year, but we have never came back without a heluva suntan. It is chilly at night though so always pack some long sleeves.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
15 helpful votes
6. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Ive been a few times then its not HOT but its warm, but if your under the sun it can get hot

Hope that helps

Lee

7. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Taking my fiancé on Valentine's Day - won a holiday voucher of 2k in work. See you there :-)

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
241 reviews
183 helpful votes
8. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Hi, we have just returned from Puerto. Woke up to a clear blue sky. Spent many days on the beach. Some days it was 30 degrees. Lived in shorts and tee shirts. We have a lovely tan.

Ireland
Level Contributor
197 posts
74 reviews
41 helpful votes
9. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

Just back. Weather can be windy and cloudy with some storms from Jan to March in Tenerife. There is a wind from North Africa called locally by the name 'calima' that brings bad weather and even desert sand.

However weather now is perfect and to date January has seen the best weather for a number of years according to locals.Looks good for the next week at least.

Water parks should be open by then.

Younger people are more commonly found in Las Americas.

However even if weather was bad it us still warmer and on average drier than home !!!!

If you want guaranteed hot weather and you want to avoid North Africa, in Feb you need to look at the likes of Dubai, which is very safe and pretty tourist friendly (once you get through immigration!)

Edited: 4 years ago
newcastle
1 post
1 review
8 helpful votes
10. Re: Is tenerife hot in february?
Save

My wife and l went Jan 2016 for a week the weather 26 degrees fantastic. I'm going again in Jan17 for 10 days this time can't wait.

Get answers to your questions about Tenerife
$USD
United States

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.