We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair

wigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ryanair

Does anyone know how to reserve a seat on ryanair flights ? I have spent hours on the website and cant work it out. Coming to tenerife in 2 weeks. thanks all.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ryanair

When you go to check in on line it should give you the option then i think

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ryanair

This is copied from a similar question on the Benidorm forum....

>>It's easy to miss. About half way down on the page where you add the names of the travellers, there is a tick box asking if you want to reserve seats. Tick that box and the next screen shows you a seat plan. But the only seats available to reserve are the front rows, and the two rows by the wing exits.<<

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
south yorks
Level Contributor
500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ryanair

If you didn't do it when you booked and don't want to wait while check in you need to phone them. I looked for ages I know it's 10p a min but to be fair it only took a few mins to sort out.

wigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ryanair

Thank very much to all.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ryanair

Just do it when you do the checkin online!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ryanair

If I remember rightly although you check-in on line you cannot reserve a particular seat. If you pay extra for speedy boarding you are still in a race for all. I have flown twice with them and had really good flights just don't like not having allocated seating and worrying where you are going to sit, not to bad on a short haul ie. Spain unless you have children with you but if you are going further its not nice to be split up. We found it a bit of a cattle market trying to board and also on the plane with everyone trying to find a seat. Why they don't let you to select your seat on line as others do,I don't know. We find Jet2 really easy you select you seat when making the booking then check-in both ways a month before your flight.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
wigan
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ryanair

Thanks for all your comments.I have managed to book my seat .You do it when you check in.£10 for an exit seat with leg room. Thanks again this thread is now closed.

8. Re: ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 19, 2013