We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

We visited this confusingly named restaurant last night in Buzanada and I can thoroughly recommend it. It is on the main roundabout in the town and there is a car park alongside. If you don't like chicken though, don't bother because as the name suggests, that's all they sell. The restaurant seems to be based on the many garlic chicken restaurants in Adeje, or perhaps it is in some way be connected. We were the first to arrive and were glad of it because within a very short time, the place was heaving and the staff were moving tables around trying to accommodate everyone. There are three types of chicken on offer, honey, garlic & picante (spicy). We had garlic and picante along with a salad, Canarian potatoes and chips. It was all beautifully cooked with large pieces of chicken, the picante sauce, which I had, was hot and spicy without burning my mouth and was delicious. I didn't taste the garlic but it looked great. The service was a bit hit & miss as they seemed to be struggling with the number of diners but it was always friendly. There were four of us eating and to accompany the food we had a half litre of red, a glass of white, a large beer plus a bottle of water. We finished off with four coffees and the bill was 43.90! Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

discoveringtenerifeonfoot.blogspot.com/

Edited: 2:24 am, February 08, 2012
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Cyber we went to the restaurant when it opened and their chicken hadn´t arrived!!! We have had the food from there several times, and can confirm it is really good, I particularly like their honey chicken - they also do take away.

I wondered about the name as it is not even in Adeje but Arona and was told it belongs to one of the people that used to be a partner in Oasis in Adeje.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Ah! That would explain the strange choice of name. A chicken restaurant without chicken! I hope you didn't go hungry. LOL!

discoveringtenerifeonfoot.blogspot.com/

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

No as said it was their first day and a lunch time, we took a seat and after frantic phone calls the chicken arrived so we knew it was really really fresh - nothing sitting around and heated up. Having said that, it has always been very busy when we have been so don't think the food has a chance to hang around.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Hi

This restaurant sounds as if it's well worth going to, but can you tell me, please, exactly where Buzanada is? And can you get there easily on the bus from Torviscas please?

Thanks for any info. Em.

Costa Adeje, Spain
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Titsa bus n.418 from Torviscas right to the restaurant's door.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
914 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Is it the same place as the chicken shack up in hills in Adeje ?

Ayr
Level Contributor
575 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Hi Ciberhiker,

Sounds like my kinda place. We were at the place that Pugwashed mentioned (January 2012) and it was great. I must check this place out when we return in May!

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Hi Pugwashed, there are numerous restaurants in Adeje referred to as the 'chicken shack' so it's a bit difficult to know which one you are referring to. As Aguilas says, the new one in Buzanada is owned by someone who was a partner in the Oasis 'chicken shack' in Adeje.

Hi Fatbob, if you enjoyed any of them in Adeje, you will almost certainly enjoy Adeje Chicken in Buzanada.

http://teneriferambler.blogspot.com/

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Hi Kiloplus

Thanks very much for the bus info. Very helpful.

Em.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Adeje Chicken restaurant, Buzanada.

Went saterday noon 08/June/2012 but was closed , no singns when open or cosed or on vacation ? ? ?