We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Gloucester
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

I have read on the forum about many car hire companies but nothing seems to be said about these guys.

http://www.pluscar-tenerife.com/en/index.html

I have just cancelled my car hire with You do Spain as they would not change from Gold Car and the awful fuel policy they have. I was caught last year by it, so looked on the web and these guys appear good on price and do not have the full/empty fuel policy.

Any help would be good.

Thanks

Jamesmartin

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Tongeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
28 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Just back from Tenerife. We rented a small car for 1 week and found the service & the car to be excellent. A Plus Car representative waited for us at the airport with our name written on a board and 10 min later we drove off. Fuel tank was nearly empty at departure so we could bring it back empty.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Gloucester
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Thank you for posting about your experience with these guy's. We are due to travel in about 7 weeks and these are the only ones that appear to have an empty/empty fuel policy.

Many Thanks again

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Hi,

Used Autoplus/PlusCars 3 times in Lanzarote over the last couple of years, excellent cars and service every time, no hassle over fuel, just booked them again for 18 days in Jan/Feb this year (having just cancelled AutoReisen, who were cheaper but have a significant number of awful reviews!).

Enjoy your hols!

DS

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Gloucester
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Hi DS

Thank you very much for your post, I must admit that from the other post I have had it will be fine.

Have a good holiday.

Many Thanks

Richard

5. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, March 07, 2013
Edited: 10:13 am, March 07, 2013
Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Although fuel policy is an issue with some companies, you should also be very aware of whether or not car hire companies offer collision damage waiver included in the price - if not it could cost you a lot more than a tank of fuel if anything happens - your fault or not!

Most people would recommend Autoreisen who do a good deal on price and ask you to bring the car back with roughly the same amount of fuel it was supplied with. They are also located at the airport so no faffing about being transported elsewhere.

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

Have you actually bothered to read the reviews on AutoReisen (on ReviewCentre)? That's why I actually cancelled a booking I had already made. I'd rather pay something like 1.5 Euros more a day and get a decent car, on the same terms as AutoReisen (0 ecxess, no fuel hassle etc.).17 out of 68 reviews on Review Centre had serious issues with AutoReisen, including unauthorised charges on their credit card. Not for me thank you!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

I can speak highly of Autoriesen, who I used over the Xmas/New Year period.

Excellent service, no issues, helpful staff. That's 2 out of 2 for me, and I only hear good things about them.

9. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, March 07, 2013
Edited: 10:13 am, March 07, 2013
10. Re: Anyone used these Autos Plus Car Hire

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:39 pm, April 16, 2012
Edited: 5:39 pm, April 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife