We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

Staying self catering in jan at P.S, Im going to bring a few bits from home to try and keep the cost of a big shop down. I have got a couple of lists going but interested in your thoughts to what 2 or 3 things would be 1st for you when putting pen to paper in preperation for a forthcoming holiday.

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

Tea Bags & Coffee are top of our list

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

I like to bring my favourite breakfast cereal, teabags, coffee and also some Cheddar cheese. I pop it in the freezer the day before we go and it seems to freeze OK.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

I'd stick to the Tea bags & coffee, Tenerife isn't the end of the world!

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

Dear pugwash you seem to have missed the point, i can not be ar sed to explain it to you.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

Hi, we bring small packets of our favorite named brands. Local foods are keenly priced, in some cases cheaper than in the UK. But named brands are more expensive. We always take sun cream. Eating out is also cheaper than UK. Have a great time.

Nantwich
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

T bags for O.H.

up north
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

we take teabags coffee and a 2 pin adaptor for the mobile phone. some friends who go S/C take a suitcase full of bacon !!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,909 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

WOW ,if i needed that much bacon i'd just take the mother in law !!!!!

Plug adaptors ...........they are as cheap here as there and lots of shops have them .This year locally i found some illuminous ones ,great now you can spot straight away which appliance they are on .

Never taken anything on holiday with regards to tea bags/coffee etc .But if your one of many that likes a certain brand to be sure take some with you .Remember though how it tastes here is not the same in Tenerife ,the water makes all the difference .

9. Re: Tea bags , plug adaptors e.t.c

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 30, 2011