We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Im off to the Adeje Gran 10th June is the food notably the breakfast that bad, only booked B&B due to all the bad posts, plus ive heard the slowboat chinese next door is nice, any comments

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Hi mate,we heard it was the evening meal that wasnt up to much,thats why we only booked bnb,but we booked because of the rooms and area of the hotel rather than the food,there are that many places to eat your spoilt for choice.we are over next tuesday so i will drop you a pm when we get home and let you know either good or bad,

bye for now

tigerman.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Hi Tiger

See you've been fiddling again, you are letting everyone know who your really are. Are you sure you should be doing that??

By the way like the photo much better than the last one and almost as good as the first.

Nelly will be here next week so trust you both have my phone number so we can arrange to meet up.

See ya soon......Grrrrr

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Hi meryl,dont think i have your tel number,if you could send it to me i will give you a call when we are over,only 7 days,it seems like an eternity,i had to use the new pic,could not remember what the old one looke like,its my age you know.

tigerman.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,985 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Aherm Aherm

i wanna come

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

its only a budget flight away lenny,you know you would be quite welcome,come on push the boat out it will be a tripadvisor outing,you never know we could get a discount,i know what your saying now typical yorkshire man,but you would be wrong i am taking £100 with me and i am not afraid to spend it lol.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
257 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

We stayed at the Costa Adeje Gran a couple of years ago. We had half-board. The food is so-la-la - edible but not yummy. I've had worse. The hotel advertises itself as 5-star but the food is not international 5-star. I think this is a spanish 5-star. Since I remember nothing about breakfast, I guess it was ok.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

Hi Neilsabargainhunter

Unless things are drastically changed since October last year there is nothing "wrong" with the breakfasts. Everybody has different tastes but the fact is that it is a Spanish island and some people will complain because they don't serve "English" bacon and the sausages are sometimes like hot dog sausages. There are loads of other things - all sorts of freshly cooked eggs, omelettes, etc plus a huge variety of cheeses, hams, fruit, cereal, breads etc. All perfectly acceptable. Unless you are in a luxury 5 star plus hotel I believe they are all much similar.

In actual fact there is probably nothing wrong with the evening meals either its just that there are so many restaurants to choose from that its just daft to be eating in a buffet restaurant every night.

I would comment on the chinese next door - it is opposite the sewage works which tend to smell badly - you don't get it in the hotel but in the area nearby it is pretty awful.

Nelly

PS - Go on Lenny grab a bargain and join the TA convention! If not just remember how we were feeling when you were out!!!! lol

8. Re: Costa Adeje Gran - Is Food That Bad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 27, 2009