We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best area

Hi looking to go to tenerife in sept as ie neer been before just looking for ideas tips etc Looking for a good beachfront hotel pref all inclusive good facilities nothing to rowdy or brash Any info will be great

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area

Hi

Follow the link to the sticky at the beginning of the forum titled FAQ. This will give you ideas of the areas in the South of the island, some of the best bars and restaurants and what to see while here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k14…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,690 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area

can i just ask why all inclusive, as there are so many bars and restaurants over the resort.

But i can't help you on the all inclusive front sorry as i much prefer self catering, as i can then go left or right and anywhere i like.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area

Dont mind self catering just hate the going out at night and people trying to drag you in to restaurants its a battle sometimes (well it was in the greek islands)only thought of tenerife as you can get good deals from my local airport now So if you can reccommend good self catering apartments By the way were a couple in out early 40s so dont want to be surrounded by 18-30s leave that to my sons to do

Newcastle
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area

Agree with the last post - and actually there are not many hotels on the south of the island do all inclusive as eating out is so popular and reasonable!

If you did insist going all inclusive i would try booking the Hotel Columbus through travelrepublic.co.uk as it's normally quite reasonable and in a good location, it also does self catering.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,690 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area

Right well snap cause i'm 41 hubby 46 and we have timeshare out in las americas at palm beach.

We go 2 weeks each march and 2 weeks november.

You don't get hassle in tenerife like greece, yes there are people handing out flyers, and standing outside there restaurants, but it really isn't hassle.

Why not do a nice hotel half board, then your meals are sorted, but go out at night.

there are loads of bars with entertainment on.

And the 18-30s are def not a problem in tenerife, as they have a small area of bars, which you would probably pass and not know you've gone past them.

I'm sorry but i wouldnt' recommend hotel colombus for you, it is used in the summer for the youngsters, and is more for self catering than a hotel.

If your not to bothered about budjet, why not go for one of the spring hotels, the bitacora is nice as is the vulcano.

or for a bit more there is the mare nostrum hotels, like the meditterrian palace.

These are all in a great location, across the road in the safarri shopping center there are some nice bars a bit expensive but lovely.

Behind this is the stip which is a strip of bars, with entertainment on.

A 5 min walk and there is a lovely beach.

Or you could go the other end and maybe stay at the hotel bouganville hotel. Again loads of nice bars in the area, and not far from the harbour.

Just read the reviews on the hotels.

Also think of doing a diy, booking flights and accommodation seperate, taxis can be found at the airport to las americas for 20 euros.

And this way can work out cheaper.

good luck anymore information just ask

nottingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area

Dont go to the columbus in September full of 18/30s we had a terrible holiday there.Every night parties in the rooms till 6am nobody would do anything about it because it appeared that was the NORM!!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area

would recommend either the bouganville player or the troya park..both half board..plenty of good food and good clean hotels..both 4 star..troya park right across the road from the beach..bouganville only a steepish slope down to the front and beach very close..both hotels families and couples..no lager louts !!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area

NORTH: Have a look at the Hotel Botanico in Puerto de la Cruz. Its about a 4 minute walk to the beach and town and has larvely views of the Ocean...infact I would say that you probably would find it difficult to drag yourself away from the spa and the lush tropical grounds to go to the beach.

SOUTH: Hotel Reveron Plaza - Los Cristianos - literally a 2 minute walk to the beach but not all inclusive. There is a rooftop pool with stunning views a great breakfast room with stunning views, the hotel staff are great and it's in the middle of everything... no need for a car and loads of choice for eating out...I can recommend a few places

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best area

The Hotel Botanico is an exceptional hotel and spa, but in truth it's a good twenty to thirty minute walk to the nearest beach at Martianez (not the main town beach at Playa jardin).

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,542 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area

If you have checked out Los Cristianos and are happy with what you see (from the links in FAQ sticky at the beginning of the forum), then you might like the Arona Gran Hotel, it is right on the sea front.