We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Hello!

I'm off to sunny Tenerife on 20th Feb and would really like to know where are the best places to go snorkellng / diving and horse riding....( i.e the cheaper ones but not so cheap your life is in danger :)

I'm staying at the Aguamarina Golf in GOLF DEL SUR (even though I don't play golf!!)

Apparently there's building work going on there <gulp> anyone know how bad it is??

We're gonna hire a car once out there so can travel to find really good riding and snorkelling sites - Is it best to go directly to riding / diving schools? Will rep's rip us off?

ANY info would be very much appreciated... Thanks!

Li.

X

Provence-Alpes-Cote...
Level Contributor
256 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Hello :)

What a nice holidays you'll have !

For the ride, I never test, but I know there is Xanadu Ranch near las Chafiras, that's quite close from Golf del Sur

For the diving, there's plenty of diving centres in Las Galletas.

The one I dive is in Abades (20 min from Golf del Sur), in the east north coast, far from touristic resorts, in a little village of withe houses. They dive on all the coast, and are quite friendly ... the name of the diving centre is Easy Blue World ... and ask for George the nice English instructor ... I promise you a lot of fun !

I know they do free pick up and drop off from your hotel... sure, if you go by yourself, you can negociate a discount.

Let us know, and have a good holliday !

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Hi Li

My other half goes riding every week at Aldea Blanca. It is not far from the Golf, cross the roundabout at Chafiras and head towards San Miguel. Take a left and shortly after the 'Medieval Castle' you will find it on the left hand side. You need to keep an eye out as it is not particularly well sign posted. You then drive down a dirt track and end up at the farm.

It us run by Ulla a German lady who breeds Spanish horses she also has a collection of rabbits, goats, sheep, ducks, chickens and dogs and if you go trekking they will more than likely follow you.

She charges about €18 for a private lesson and about €20 for an hours trek. Tel: 646 807 234.

Don't know much about snorkling but Easy Blue have a good name as do Paradise Divers on www.paradisedivers.co.uk

As far as booking through Reps is concerned, you can possibly do the diving but not too many tourists go horse riding so would recommend you do that yourselves.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Wow, thanks for the speedy replies, very helpful!

Spnish horses and being followed by goats sheep and dogs sounds wonderful, I'll definately look up Ulla....

Easy Blue looks good too :)

Thanks very much for your help.

Lila.

x

P.S - any updates on the building work at Aguamarina Golf?

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Hi Li

We were at Amarilla Golf (next door to Golf del Sur) a couple of weeks back, and I took an early morning walk to check out the building noise. It was 7.45 when I got to the Aguamarina and the builders had already begun work ! It can be quite noisy as there's building going on all around, but I think the big piledriver has finished. They go home around 6pm and don't tend to work on Sundays.

There's a horse-riding ranch at Amarilla Golf.

Delia

London
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Cheers Delia..... Is there REALLY no escape from the noise though? The travel agent (and i've read a couple of reviews) said it's only on one side and they tend to stick people over the other side... Guess i'll have to wait and find out - I can see lots of early morning getaways happening - at least it'll get us out of the hotel and off doing more exciting things!!!!!

Cheers,

Lila.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

That's right! Who wants to sit around the pool all day when there's SO much to see and do!

Delia

London
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Indeed! I'm all up for exploring the island.... It looks beaUtiful.

Speaking of which... We want to hire a car for about 3-4 days while out there - is it cheaper to book a car from here or from there, and which is the best car hire company out there if it's cheaper there?!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Hi again

Lots of people here on tripadvisor recommend Autoreisen.

http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/home.php

You pick the keys up at the airport whilst waiting for your luggage, and apparently they're reasonably priced.

Personally, we use Karibe Cars. Email them for a quote on:

karibecar@hotmail.com

We've known Les and Carol for many years. They meet their customers at the airport, help them with their luggage to the car, and you leave the key in the car in the airport carpark when you leave to go home.

Delia

London
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

Great, i'll check them out. Thanks alot!

Li.

x

10. Re: Diving/snorkeling & Horse riding in south Tenerife!? :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife