We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer!

Which Arrecife hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Beer!

I'm a beer snob - no apologies :-)

Was just tasting some amazing Spanish craft beers at a beer festival in Holland, not expecting those to be available in Lanzarote but..does anyone know anywhere in PDC or Arricefe that sells anything other than the usual lagery stuff?

Thanks!

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer!

You can get all the main Spanish beers (lagers) plus the 2 Canarian beers dorada and tropical but nothing else. The problem is that most things are flown in from spain and I'm guessing beer that could take days to get anywhere wouldn't be in great condition and the cost probably very high.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer!

Hi

As a former bar owner the reason that only local brews and the odd mainland beer (lager) is only available here is that most beers do not travel well over the distances (1250km to the mainland by sea taking up to 36 hours being sloshed around on a boat ).......plus then it is stood around in ambient temperatures of 25-30 C..awaiting delivery.....means most beers have only a very short sell/use by life here...added to the expense of importing beer which forces the price into uneconomical cost for wholesale and retail.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer!

I am also a bit of a beer snob and shudder in horror at people who ask where they can buy John Smiths keg bitter !

However the last time I was in Lanzarote Ifound some bars that sold some excellent German Hefa Weissenbiers such Erdinger and also some good Belgian brews.

You may have to look around but you will find them.

Graham

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer!

When I was in Costa Teguise in August Henneseys on The Waterfront sold a great pint of Smethwicks and a great pint of Caffreys in The Dolphin just a few doors along.

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer!

Excellent replies, thanks.

So... where do the Germans drink in PDC ?

London
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer!

Caffreys?! Really?

Lots of decent german bottled stuff in most of the supermarkets.

7. Re: Beer!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 13, 2014