We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on cheap package deal

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
786 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help on cheap package deal

Can any1 help please? I have been trying to find a cheapish package deal to Lanzarote for me and a friend for mid-Feb and can see nothing for less than £600 for just 7 days. I was hoping around £400 but maybe that's unrealistic! Looking at Teguise (or similar type place) as some of the other resorts seem 2 commercial for me and I just want to see sandy beaches, sand dunes, a few villages and a place called Funacion de Caesar Manrique if I can. Can any1 point me in the right direction as I don't want to end up in a resort type place full of bars and clubs. Many thanks. x

pdcAR
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on cheap package deal

Hi, in short....yes....too optomistic !!

Only a cursory look but Luton / stanstead flights cheapest about £200, apartment at £100 possible.

Beware booking ryanair through an agent (ie on the beach)

Gatwick I would say no chance now, flights only over £300

Cheap package and non resort is a contradiction I am afraid. Only three resorts of which Playa Blanca is the quietest (not CT)

Just google last minute holidays...it is a great tool.....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
786 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on cheap package deal

pdcAR - thanks for your advice...... it was wishful thinking, I guess but will talke your advice and look on Last Minute holidays. Normally go to The Gambia and get good deals but the hassle and the cons have got too much for me now. just want a hassle free week of sun and exploration. Thanks.

pdcAR
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on cheap package deal

Hi Targi, the search term for last minute holidays will return lots of companies....Lastminute .com themselves are far from cheapest

logan
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on cheap package deal

Just asking why no book ryinair with on the beach as I have

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,887 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on cheap package deal

Ryanair forbid the sale of their flights through third parties. Their website is an exclusive distribution channel for private, non commercial bookings.

Obviously screen scrapers like On The Beach are breaching these terms.

They had so much trouble with On The Beach bookings last year, and so many complaints that were On The Beach fault, that they have initiated court action against them for breaching Ryanair.com’s Terms of Use and intellectual property rights.

Ryanair have the right to cancel bookings that have been made via a third party.

Edited: 8:10 am, January 27, 2013
logan
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help on cheap package deal

Hope my flights are ok first time away without the children in 7 years

7. Re: Help on cheap package deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 29, 2014