We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Zocos

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Los Zocos

Has anyone stayed recently at Los Zocos apartments??? Seeing so many reviews from grim to glorious that our heads are spinning there are 9 of going in September and from what we've read we're decidedly twitchy!!!! Honest opinions and advise v v v welcome

shropshire
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Zocos

Hi there, we have recently returned from Los Zocos 25/05-08/06, we went all inclusive and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (we have posted a review with photos).

Like yourself we read the reviews and were concerned but there was no need to be, you will have a fantastic time, the rooms are adequate and comfortable.

There is work being carried out on some of the rooms/apartments but it is not really that noticable, it never bothered us. We stayed in block 2, had no cockroaches in the room although there were a few ants but they are minute!

I'm not sure what you want to know but please feel free to email with any questions you may have.

Regards

Nikki

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Zocos

Thanks Nikki

Still checking on a regular basis the reports on Los Zocos. Glad you had a good time. All we wanted was a reassurance that we weren't staying in the pits and recent reports have allayed some of our fears. By the time it gets to September I think I'll be too worn out to worry and will spend to weeks welded to a sunbed.

Thanks again

London UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Zocos

My daughter has been informed by First Choice that there will be considerable renovation work starting at Los Zocos and there will be disruption going on until December. She's been given the opportunity to chose somewhere else, any reccommendations?

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Zocos

Hi Foubert

Just received the self same letter, how very kind of First Choice to let us know that the complex is "under going refurbishment up to December 06" I quote from the letter "the management of the property are keen to maintain the high standards it works hard to acheive" have they read some of the reveiws on this complex maybe that's why they are refurbing!!! and the letter continues " the work involves replacing the windows, doors, internal fixtures and fittings" I interupt that as gutting the place. and so the letter goes on " due to the nature of the work small machinery and hand held poer tools are in use, at present work is taking place between 09:00 & 18:00 Monday to Saturday" constant drilling etc etc etc.

Oh well off to the travel agents AGAIN to see what we can get as an alternative as there are 9 of us I can see this becoming expensive.

London UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Zocos

Thanks Vintage64,

She's off to the travel agents aswell, sounds like an identical letter.

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Zocos

not been to los zocus in a few years now, however went 7 years in a row! it WAS brilliant accomodation then, 10 mins walking distance from the restaurants and bars. Plenty of sports and entertainment facilities for all........don't know what it will be like these days though.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Zocos

Hi All

Oh well Los Zocos it is for us!!! There is absolutely nothing we can swap to and from what I understand First Choice are still selling holidays to Los Zocos, I'll pack a hard hat and hi viz vest and if they need some painting doing I'll lend a hand (I think not)

Our travel agent tried her "best" but budget constraints and party accomodation requirements meant there was very little she could offer except flights from Gatwick which would have been v costly due to our location and the logistics of 9 people plus their luggage and three sets of golf clubs didn't bear thinking about. I'll just have to turn my walkman up and pretend that I'm at a concert.

You never know it might not be that bad will try some positive thinking (did that sound convincing to you??)

shropshire
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Zocos

i think you will wander what all the fuss was about once you get there...like i said before, this work has already started and it is not as bad as first choice have made out in their letter to you. They do not work 9:00-6:00 because they have siestas in the afternoon, in fact i don't recall hearing or seeing any workmen after about 2pm, the drilling is not constant like they said..at worst i heard it for a few minutes maybe once, twice a day!

Like i said we did not find it to be a nuisance and it never interfered with our holiday..i would go back immediately if i could afford it!!!

Leeds
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Zocos

Hi - Interested to read what you're all saying about building work at Los Zocos - we've got friends going out there, & just wondering how noisy, dusty, disruptive, etc it is. I know Nikki said it wasn't too bad, but does that depend on whereabouts you're staying on the site? Would appreciate advice if anyone's just got back.

Thanks!!

shropshire
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Zocos

Hi there,

Not too noisy, not disruptive to us at all and certainly no dust spotted!..the complex is very clean and tidy..we didn't even notice the work happening for the first few days. Avoid block 1 though..it is next to the block that is being renovated. block 2 is fine and block 3 is furthest away.

The staff however are very helpful and if you are not happy with your rooms they will move you...they did it for someone whilst we were there and they gave them a suite..very smart apparently.