We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
259 reviews
Save Topic
Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

We're a couple in our early 30's without kids and would love to stay at a resort where it's not party central, but still fairly lively if we choose to stay out for a few drinks after dinner.

Reading the travel guides, there are 3 main resorts (PDC/Playa Blanca & Costa Teguise). My questions are these:

1) Which of these 3 resorts will suit us better? Most importantly we'd like to be able to relax without touts/looky looky men disturbing us on the beach. I thought Costa Teguise might suit - looking at Sands Beach Resort, but pls enlighten me if I'm wrong.

2) What is the weather like mid Feb normally? Does staying further south (ie. Playa Blanca) make any differences in terms of higher chances of sun for sunbathing? I believe the island is quite small, so didn't think there'd be much difference.

3) Saw a £200/week studio apt at Sands Beach direct with owner, if we decide to stay at Costa Teguise. Is this reasonable? We're hoping to spend no more than £250/week on accommodation.

Thanks!

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
386 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

Hi,

I would recomend you to go to Playa Blanca, it is a very nice area and you have Marina Rubicon, a place full of bars, restaurants and shops. It is newer than PDC and as consecuence better organized and a bit more relax.

Another area could be coloradas.

You can find some villas at flipkey or Tripadvisor vacation rentals, there you can see the houses and also coments of people that already been there. Some of the villas have private pool and they are heated!

The weather in Lanzarote is always good, average temperature 21,5ºC, january and february are the coldest months but shouldn´t be less than 17ºC.

The main reason between north and south is that north is less touristic, there are no areas like Marina Rubicon with restaurants, bars...

Greetings,

Astrid in FeelFreeRentals.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

pdc would give you best of both worlds fantastic beaches bars restaurants and large choice of either self catering or hotels with several places within your price range

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

Thanks, both! I've taken everything on board and will do more research.

So in terms of location, it really doesn't matter whether we stsay in PDC, Costa Teguise (I read it's windy there) or Playa Blanca. We'd be able to sunbath comfortably during the day?

Cheers!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

I have been to Playa Blanca most months and it's always been warm enough to sunbathe for at a few hours, as long as it's not rained. Even when it's overcast, it's usually warm enough to lie out, if you want to.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

Thanks, Leyland!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

Hi, We are a couple in the same age bracket as yourselves.

We went to Lanzarote for the first time in January 2009 staying in Puerto Del Carmen and we found it to be perfect for our needs, plenty of places to eat out and lively (ish) at night if you wanted a drink and a good variety of live music.

Weather wise early to mid 20's every day-bliss!

We found plenty of good quality accommodation to rent privately for around the £200 mark.

We are heading back to Puerto Del Carmen again in January for us it's great value for some winter sun.

Regards,

Mark.

7. Re: Flights booked for mid Feb! Need advice on accommodation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lanzarote