We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Volcan

midlands
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Volcan

Anybody able to to give any information on this place, I want to be the playa chica / old town / harbour area. This place is coming up with good price?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Volcan

Kat: Did you grab that deal?

Discovered this too late but for anybody else it's a good place to base for a week. The Costa Volcan are in a residential area about a 5 mins walk from Playa Chica but be warned they do back on to the main street in the old town so would probably recommend you get an apartment at the front!

I've stayed nearby but have used the Spa and beauty centre in the Costa Volcan and it looks a decent place to stay. The staff were very courteous at reception as we had to check in here.

It's great for the nightlife in the old town. It's all a short walk away and the strip is very easy to get to also. There is a taxi rank on the street behind if memory serves me correct and also the main shopping centre :-)

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Volcan

Hi, Myself and my Husband stayed there a few years ago an didnt like them at all, they were very run down, not too clean either, the sheets and towels were very old and worn and the smell from the towels was dreadful, I wouldnt stay there again.

newcastle
Level Contributor
57 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Volcan

stayed there a few years ago basic no air conditioning but near the harbour .no noise was apparent but they wouldnt suit many people.if you want to be near the harbour do it yourself via travel republic or book via owners direct for good quality accommodation.flights are usually £250 transfers are easy, even private taxi is less than 15 pounds.

4. Re: Costa Volcan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2010