We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

cork
6 posts
Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Anyone have any info on Catholic Church in Puerto del Carmen and Mass times Christmas week.

Many thank

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

The RC church is in the old town, heading down towards the harbour. It is really small so you will have to get in early to get a seat.

I don't know the mass times but usually the mass times are posted outside the door if you happen to be there before Christmas Eve :-)

cork
6 posts
2. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Many thanks for info

dublin
Level Contributor
74 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Don't ask your courier as more often than not they have not a clue re Mass times! On many occasions we have had to stand outside so yes go early especially if you go Xmas morning.

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Yes, the notices are posted outside the relevant churches.

I do have all the Anglican service details... but those won't necessarily be of any use to you eh.

If anyone else wants them... they're here:

lanzaroterelocation.co.uk/christmas-services…

Elle xx

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

t1cork:I have contacted somebody who I know lives in Lanzarote. Hopefully she will come back to me with the church times for you :-) I'll post here. The main thing is to get to the church early!!!

UK
Level Contributor
967 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

This link would suggest that there are no Christmas masses

http://www.achurchnearyou.com/calendar.php?V=8541&U=1&I=1&L=CW&T=December+2008

I'd be a little surprised if that's true but maybe so as Christmas day isn't celebrated quite the same way as elsewhere, though I'd have thought it was spiritually.

Best bet is as Suzy says and pop over to see if there’s a notice on the door, it’s hardly out of your way, right in the middlw of the Old Town.

Ole

cork
6 posts
7. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Thanks everyone for your help.

T

8. Re: Catholic Mass times Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 16, 2009