We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Weather in February?

Can somebody please give their opinion on weather in February. Is it normally hot enough for sunbathing? How cool does it get at night time?

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February?

I was there in Feb. Really hot during the day but can be quite cold and windy in the evening, its the first time i have ever had to wear a jacket on holiday (a light jacket or cardigan will do). I was also there this month not so hot during the day (comfortable for sunbathing) still got good tan and evening was warmer (no jacket this time).

Manchester
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February?

I was there in Feb 2007. It was a freak weather season and the roads were like rivers !

The locals say it is colder and wetter in the early part of the year but nothing compared against Manchester

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in February?

What date in Feb were you there. I arrived on on the 12th and it was really hot for the whole week.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in February?

I was there in January last year and the sun shone all week. It was glorious. Sunbathing and swimming every day :-) It was the week of the heavy snow in Britain. However we met a couple who had just arrived and they were staying for 3 weeks. They were in contact with us after and told us the last two weeks of their holiday had alot of rain :-(

I guess we were just very lucky. I've booked for feburary 2008 too and hope I havn't made a big mistake!!!

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in February?

Your right we were lucky. Hope you get the good weather again. :)

Puerto Del Carmen...
Level Contributor
841 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in February?

djjulez really sorry you picked the worse week of the whole year.just shows feb cant be guaranteed good weather though it usually is.that week in feb was unbelievable, hope it dosnt happen again.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in February?

I t happens now you can not say you are guaranteed sunshine all year round on any of the canary islands we have been to all the islands at diferent times in the winter and we have had good and bad.A year gone October it rained and i mean rained never stopped 6 days out of the 7 i was in tears i alway take my brolly now yet went to Fuertventura in Feb this year and the weather was lovely bit chilly at the night time that does not bother me as long as i have the sunshine through the day going to Lanzorote end of feb early march fingers crossed its the luck of the draw.

Scotland
Level Contributor
511 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in February?

Hi im going to Lanzarote for the New Year...do I take my bikinis? Ive heard its too cold for swimming.

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in February?

It's only about 65-70 F max during the day Jan/Feb/Mar, I don't call that hot. The sea of course is cooler than that. You can lookup the figures on various websites like:

wunderground.com/history/…

10. Re: Weather in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 15, 2009