We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A strange question!!!!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
10 reviews
A strange question!!!!

With what is going on in the world now, I was just wondering if anyone knows if the La Geria hotel has security on the front of the hotel to stop anyone from walking in.

Hannah

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: A strange question!!!!

A very strange question. I don't think there's someone at the door in most hotels, maybe 5* ones. What happens when you go out of the hotel? Do you have a bodyguard?

Puerto Del Carmen...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: A strange question!!!!

No but they will have security around at night

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: A strange question!!!!

I've only been stopped once in my life going into a hotel, whether I was staying there or not.

Security will get involved if there's an issue, but they are unlikely to question/stop every single person who walks through the door.

Clonmel, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: A strange question!!!!

I walked through La Geria in August, just for a nose. There was one fella on the reception, didn't even bat an eyelid!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: A strange question!!!!

sparkybill, it's not just 5 star hotels that have security!!!. Some all inclusive hotels have security to stop non residents coming in. In Egypt they have security on the hotels entrance, AND, before you say this is not Egypt, remember no one knows where a terrorist is going to strike next. The Canaries are very close to Africa!!!.

This site is about helping people with answers, not being unhelpful with answers.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
84 reviews
6. Re: A strange question!!!!

Egypt always has security on hotel entrances plus metal detectors for your baggage on first arrival and yourself most of the time.

We have also found security tight in the Caribbean. Not necessarily due to terrorism but crime.

What a sad world we live in.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
10,447 posts
87 reviews
7. Re: A strange question!!!!

Mrs Kris - yes, you've just reminded me that there were armed guards on the gate of our hotel in Jamaica in 1990 due to crime levels/poverty.

Hannah - it may be common in Egypt and the Caribbean but the reality is that it isn't common in Europe. Besides, no security guard can stop a man in a truck if he wants to ram it into a crowd like in Nice or Berlin. Please don't live your life being scared. If you do, the terrorists have won.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
79 reviews
8. Re: A strange question!!!!

When I last went to Magic Life in Fuerteventura I noticed a guy at the gate who also appeared in the grounds complete with what looked like a baton on the back of his belt. As earlier post says AI do want to keep out non residents for obvious reasons but what would that guy do with his baton as I never saw anyone loud or drunk(except me in the mirror)

The Rui Melonares has a person on the gate who I think checks everyones armbands as you walk in from the beach pathway.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
100 reviews
9. Re: A strange question!!!!

#4 I was just trying to use a bit of rational thinking. Every time there is a mass terrorist killing the forums get full of questions like yours. Also over the years I've helped lots of people.

10. Re: A strange question!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2017