We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on La Palma

Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on La Palma

We are looking for a week at the end of January and would like winter sunshine. As we like to wander around towns etc which would be the best resort? We are a couple in our late 50's.

Brits in la Palma
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on La Palma

Hi, just read your posting. My wife and I are approx the same ages and have been on the island over 20 years. To answer your question is a difficult one as Winter here is like an English summer. You cannot guarantee sunshine all of the time but there are a few generalisations to make. The Westerly side of the island tends to be warmer, though for me the Easterly side is prettier. I am biased because I live in the Brenas 300 meters above sea level on the Easterly side. If I want more sun then I can travel by car 30 mins or so and be on the Westerly side. There are two main towns, Santa Cruz on the Easterly part and Los Llanos on the West, both of which are suitable. My preference for style and authenticity is Santa Cruz.. As regards resorts, Los Cancajos serves the East and Puerto Naos or Tazacorte on the West. You didn't mention what type of accommodation you would be staying in as La Palma has a vast range of options, Casa Rurals- converted original stone built country houses with typical Canarian roof style, Hotels, Apartments and Pensions- guest houses etc. Hope this helps and if you need any clarification please ask. Regards John.

2. Re: Where to stay on La Palma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, April 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz de la Palma
More Santa Cruz de la Palma Topics