We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico - where to eat?

Ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Rico - where to eat?

My husband and I are travelling to Puerto Rico at the end of February - staying at Gloria Palace Amadores. We have half board there but would still like to eat out a few times. Can anyone recommend nice places to eat. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Newtownabbey,N.Irela...
Level Contributor
261 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Rico - where to eat?

Highly recommend Red Rose near the Marina at PR and Oscars which has 2 locations near the PR beach. Latter a bit pricey but well worth it for standards of food and service.

Enjoy !

nottingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Rico - where to eat?

Been going to PR for many years and have always gone self catering must have eaten in most retaurants over the 18 years and still find Las Farolas in the lower commercial centre Picassos at the top centre and El Gaitero under the bridge near the marina to be best value. Oscars very good but has become pricey in comparison,for the special occasion oscars would cost approx 100 euros for 2 CONGRATULATIONS

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Rico - where to eat?

Would agree with all three of 1818's recommendations. El Brasero in the Europa centre also lovely - eaten there a couple of times in the last fortnight - very red meat oriented menu though. Veggie choice is limited pretty much to salad although the grilled canarian cheese on the starters is lovely as is the goat cheese.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Rico - where to eat?

Congratulations, my wife and I spent our 25th there 3 years ago this month, and we stayed in Amadores.

Restaurant wise I'd recommend, 1) Oscars, PR. 2) Don Quixote, PR,

3) Guantanamo,on the road to Taurito from Amadores. I've not been to La Taberna in PR but I've had some very good reports on it.

Hope you enjoy the same weather as we did, 2 weeks of sunshine.

Fantastic.

5. Re: Puerto Rico - where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gran Canaria