We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobility Scooter Hire

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Mobility Scooter Hire

Am having terrible trouble hiring a mobility scooter which is portable & can dismantle in to a car boot as we will also have a hire car. Has anybody rented one? I have contacted a few companies but they don't do one that will dismantle into a car.

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

& how 'friendly" are the paths from Cordial Green Golf Bungalows to shops/restaurants for mobility scooters?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Used a few companies all over the Canary Islands but never come across one that does the type your after .If you have one at home ,i hope you know they are flown freely by the plane companies ....if not just say ,rather than me taking up your time .Regards OLeg

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Txs don't have one at home, always rent when go away. Can't find anywhere in Gran Canaria. Usually go to Tenerife and never have a problem there

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Yes Tenerife is better for us scooter users .If you look into buying a second hand one here in the UK ,over a couple of trips it should pay for itself over hire costs and it would give you the freedom your looking for in GC

Regards OLeg

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Txs but no need for one at home. We just need for holidays so a purchase wouldn't quantify the cost if just for holidays

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Danielle

You may well have tried this site...

http://www.solmobility.com/UK-home.html

Might be worth a phone call to see what they could offer?

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Hi,

Yes txs. Great scooters and available but none that come apart to put in a car boot. This is so frustrating

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Sorry to be disagreeing ....but just had a quick look round at Re Con scooters the type your looking for .Many around £200 .Now scooter hire in the Canaries is usually 100 /125 euros per week ,2 weeks 200 /250 euros .If you go again abroad it really has paid for itself ,but thats just my opinion .......wish i was small enough to fit one of this type of scooter but at 6' 4 " theres no chance !!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
137 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

Purchasing our own scooter not an option and not required at home.

Just bumping this up in case we have some new contributors who may know of a mobility scooter which goes into a car. Someone suggested Ruf which I had a look at, but they have no backs to their chairs.

Am quite desperate now!!!

10. Re: Mobility Scooter Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, April 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gran Canaria