We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

Bristol
Level Contributor
22 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

Yes, Ryan Air are at it again. Not just charging for food on board but on our recent flight (Gran Canaria to Bristol, 31 May 2013) doing a slight of hand to over charge.

Despite the in-flight mag giving very specific prices (and the cabin staff pushing this a 'see what is on offer'), they are trying to charge over this at the point of sale - because 'WE HAVNT UPDATED THE MAGAZINE WITH THE NEW PRICES YET'.

Okay, they backed down when I reminded them ts was actually FRAUD - you cant advertise at one price and charge another - there were plenty of people on the flight who didnt spot this and therefore paid inflated prices.

BE CAREFUL - check the prices, do your own maths and question every bill.

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

Liz.

I do mostly travel for buisness as you say but even on holiday I like ny monies worth.When on buisness I can reclaim the costs but even then I would not expect my company to pay what they ask. If you do get (in your opinion) overcharged in the local cafes you do not use them again,on the flight you are a captive audience and only have 2 choices.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

I hope it's not my fault it got pulled as I bumped it up again ??

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

I wouldn't worry HEVER. There are a few people on here with no sense of humour. Having seen Mr O'Leary on various chat shows he seems to have a great sense of humour and I think he would have loved it.

Edited: 6:09 pm, June 02, 2013
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,348 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

Thanks lizmacd...I was feeling a bit guilty. I'm wondering how long before this one goes too?

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

Buy a can of coke and ask for a seperate cup with some ice in.Then split the coke and ice between the two cups and top up with the vodka you bought in duty free.Enjoy with the pasties you bought at greggs on the way to the airport.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

You don't even have to buy the vodka in duty free you can take miniatures in your liquid allowance. That's not breaking any security rules. You can add it to your coke bottle that you buy airside and have your own plastic cup. No ice though! lol! With a Greggs pastie it's almost fine dining.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
54 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

sorry to be a kill joy but you are not supposed to open your duty free until you reach your destination, but I know exactly were you are coming from.

18. Re: RYAN AIR - new food price scam 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gran Canaria